Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the thing is well i have a 1973 mustang grande but its like in a very bad state that im going to rebuild it but i want to know what kind of engine does it have and what kind of transmission please help me

·
Registered
38 Posts
Chances are you have a 351 2V with a FMX automatic transmission. I would need to see the plate information on the Passenger side door to get the exact information.

I rebuilt a '71 from a really rough state and had a blast with it. My only complaint is I had a "plain jane" without air conditioning. To upgrade that was too much. I've sent sold it due to health.

You'll like this web site:
http://links.vintage-mustang.com/

·
Registered
41 Posts
your engine code will be in the VIN, the trans code should be on the back of the driver's door. Most Mustang sites can decode the information, I'm not too hot on the 71-73 Mustangs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If i were you i'd put in a 390 dual carb make it run and sound nice. as for the tranny 5 speeds are good but a 6 speeder gives you that much more power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Look at the serial no. of the car.
If it has an F in it its a 302
If it has a H in it its a 351 W, or Cleveland

·
Registered
37 Posts
Google or someone on here could give you a good guess, or you could find the numbers on your block and trans and look it up on google to know exactly what you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts