Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to delete my emissions. I have smog pump and lines to heads and exhaust off. I know I will need a shorter belt. What I don't know is where all the vacuum lines tee up on passenger side, there are a couple of small electrical connectors, I don't know what they are or if I can get rid of them. Ice been looking at the T-moss diagram, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Some of the manifold vac lines I had weren't even connected, Pcv didn't have a hose on it either. Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to delete my emissions. I have smog pump and lines to heads and exhaust off. I know I will need a shorter belt. What I don't know is where all the vacuum lines tee up on passenger side, there are a couple of small electrical connectors, I don't know what they are or if I can get rid of them. Ice been looking at the T-moss diagram, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Some of the manifold vac lines I had weren't even connected, Pcv didn't have a hose on it either. Any insight is appreciated.
Unplug every connector that goes to your smog. I did this, and mine ran beautifully! I deleted mine cause of vac leaks as well. +5.0!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read that one, my question is what are the components on pass side fender (the electrical connectors) can they be pulled?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that helps a bit. If I unplug those (I'm not sure what the parts they are plugged into are...i think the top is egr vac regulator) then I can pull the pieces off the strut tower wall and cap all the vac lines? Also if I do that can I leave my egr on tb and then cap it's vac line? This is what I'm looking at, looks like the connectors you showed.
Thanks again!
image-2436013767.jpg

image-2124954132.jpg

image-2751979895.jpg

image-1508792386.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took off all smog crap as well .. New intake and carb and all AC lines just need to take out AC unit and runs better then ever i have a few pics i can upload or send to your email just let me know about to install new custom made upper cold air intake and MSD

·
Registered
861 Posts
I took off all smog crap as well .. New intake and carb and all AC lines just need to take out AC unit and runs better then ever i have a few pics i can upload or send to your email just let me know about to install new custom made upper cold air intake and MSD
Hey I'd really appreciate that! send me it in a PM?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool thanks, what would happen if I left egr bolted to tb but capped its vac line, would it read always open?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Cool thanks, what would happen if I left egr bolted to tb but capped its vac line, would it read always open?
From my understanding: yes. Because it would no longer be serving the purpose that the computer would be searching for.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Sorry for any confusion. I meant: it would be running in cold loop and throwing codes.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
From my understanding: yes. Because it would no longer be serving the purpose that the computer would be searching for.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Sorry for any confusion. I meant: it would be running in cold loop and throwing codes.
Not for the egr, once it doesn't pick it up after a few key cycles it takes it out of the equation. It will leave the CEL on, but you can either make the relay to shut it off or if you have a tune it will **** it off as well.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Not for the egr, once it doesn't pick it up after a few key cycles it takes it out of the equation. It will leave the CEL on, but you can either make the relay to **** it off or if you have a tune it will **** it off as well.
Why is it blocking out shut...? Lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not for the egr, once it doesn't pick it up after a few key cycles it takes it out of the equation. It will leave the CEL on, but you can either make the relay to shut it off or if you have a tune it will **** it off as well.
"Make the relay to shut it off"? please explain. 94gt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts