Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok modding has begun for me im looking into getting 4.10 gears from AM. Do i just need to get the gears or do i get all this other stuff with it. Like bearing kit and the rebuild kit. I have 50,000 miles on my stang and it has stock 3.31 in there now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok modding has begun for me im looking into getting 4.10 gears from AM. Do i just need to get the gears or do i get all this other stuff with it. Like bearing kit and the rebuild kit. I have 50,000 miles on my stang and it has stock 3.31 in there now.
You want everything and get ford racing they are the best.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Get the gears kit on AM it includes everything you need for the swap including tuner which fixes the speedometer after install

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Agreed. Get it all done once you're in there. The additional 150 bucks or whatever for the kits and parts is perfect. Gears in, end practically new, forget about it for another 70-80k.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Honestly I got the 4.10 gears and didnt fell an amazing difference. I wish I would have went with the 4.56 after how much it all costs.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Honestly I got the 4.10 gears and didnt fell an amazing difference. I wish I would have went with the 4.56 after how much it all costs.
Night and day. Almost 3 tenths off the 1/4

·
Registered
805 Posts
I had the 3.31 the stock ones. And yeah there's an ok difference but for how much it costs to change the gears I wish I would have got the 4.56 just so I would have got more for my money since all the gears are the same price

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the 3.31 the stock ones. And yeah there's an ok difference but for how much it costs to change the gears I wish I would have got the 4.56 just so I would have got more for my money since all the gears are the same price
Really I think 4.10 will be enough for me nothing more

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Depends on your goal. Engines make torque, not horsepower. The steeper the gear, the less HP you will make since you wind out less. 4.56 is great until you want to go further than a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I'm just saying after having the 4.10 installed I wished I'd have went with 4.56
I am debating between 4.30 and 4.56 from my 4.10s right now because having cams and soon an FRRP manifold, HP is made up high. Winding high would benefit me but the 4.30s would reduce the torque loss down low. 4.56s even further. 4.30 seems like a good balance but I think I may go 4.56 and if I do not like it, I'll step down to 4.30.

I do not think I will need to shift to fifth unless I make enough power since I am just shifting to 4th as it is. So I should be mid to NEAR the end of 4th with 4.56 gears.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts