Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've done it before and i did an alright job, but i don't think i even remember. for some money for supplies, who in north or central texas would like to teach me better? if i had enough money for a polisher, my stang sure would appreciate it. :( i need to get her looking as good as she can for pictures.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey dude, have you checked out my thread at the top about detailing? Theres some good info on there regarding products to use and methods of using them. But if you will hit me up on AIM tonight id be happy to tell you a few little tricks to get that thing shining great. AIM is Green6Machine.

·
Registered
301 Posts
you can get a 6" random orbital polisher from sears for ~$20. They also have 10" ones.

mother's website had a online video series on car care, if you can find it.

Griot's Garage sells a "Handbook" for about $13.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes thanks greenflash, i have read it. firsthand is what i need i guess.

20 bucks? whoa, thanks, i thought they'd be 60+.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
meguiars.com, but if ya need help hit me up, fishersstang on AIM. been cleanin cars all my life,

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well the only real trick to waxing is wax in the opposite direction that you normally wash teh car, via counter clock wise vs clock wise. this helps to remove some of teh swirl marks. also do small areas and wait most people dont wait long enough and just wipe it off, its an abrasive it takes bit to fully work well. dont get it on your trim of the car if you have to run some tape to keep you from doing it then do so just dont get it on the car, for areas that are tight and you cant go in circles just do small ones and do more than one coat cuz usually these ares hold scratches worse due to you can only wipe in one direction like the side skirts.

take your time to buff it off really good, use only 100% cotton towels for the job rip off any tags on the towels also. do 3 good coats to it once a year and half way though do 2 good coats. its best to do a 3 step type system and if youi REALLY want results go buy some 3M rubbing compound perfect it II clear coat safe for the car and do a couple coats with that to really smooth it out before waxing. its an all day kinda job :( have fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts