Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just put a bbk 78 mm throttle body and upper combo from am on my 02 gt and now when I barely touch the gas jumps to 2k rpm then after 5-10 sec goes down to 1k rpm :/ please help me

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Check your throttle cable. Recheck all attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your throttle cable. Recheck all attachments
My throttle cable had too much slack like my pedal was to the floor but I rigged it so it wasn't but either way it would do that :/ how do u properly adjust your throttle cable to take out the slack in it?

·
Lorraine's driver
7,751 Posts
Have you recently disconnected the battery? You should if you haven't and do an idle re-learn.

Disconnect battery for 20 minutes

Connect he battery and start it up and let it idle and get up to operating temperature.

While its idling, turn on the A/C to Max for at least 1 minute.

Turn off the A/C and drive around both city and highway for at least 10 miles.

The ECU will continue to learn idle from this point, but it should idle a to smoother and not stick so much.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
if you did what azure said and it still doesnt relearn, it possibley could be the throttle position sensor that went bad, or got put it wrong, just a possibility since a bad tps could make it slowly come back down from a rev.

·
Lorraine's driver
7,751 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have installed the 78mm BBK tb/plenum unit on a friends car and we had the same issue. Azure is correct about you needing to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery and then driving your car so the computer can relearn. In my friends case his TPS sensor was dirty/old and was not able to work with the new part even though it worked on his stock TB.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oooo I have not done that ima try that after I get out of class!!! So excited I hope it works!!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

We didnt disconnect the battery

·
Lorraine's driver
7,751 Posts
This sounds like a TPS issue if it's nothing physical with the cable. It's easy to ruin those things when you swap em'
You may be right but, it's always better to start with the easy/free stuff. Look into the TPS after completing the idle re-learn.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Azure posted a link how to check your TPS a few posts back if you have the tools to do it yourself. If not a local technician can check it out for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.