Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Ford mustang GT. I purchased a tune and for some reason the engine fan won't turn off its always on. Can I simply tell the company I got the tune from to fix that? Ive been having problems and my mechanic told me to take off the tune asap

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Do like the Mech. said and return to Stock by taking Tune Off. Contact the Company and let them know what happened, then go from there.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
It's totally normal for the fans to stay on. I keep them on when I set up my tunes.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
I have a 2012 Ford mustang GT. I purchased a tune and for some reason the engine fan won't turn off its always on. Can I simply tell the company I got the tune from to fix that? Ive been having problems and my mechanic told me to take off the tune asap
Yes. Contact the company instead of waiting on someone here to tell you to.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
There is nothing to fix as it is normal. Take it from someone here who's tuned several of these cars including my own.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
There is nothing to fix as it is normal. Take it from someone here who's tuned several of these cars including my own.
Just how long does your fan remain running after the engine is off? Until it reaches a certain temp? This is what the OP needs to find out with the tune.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Just how long does your fan remain running after the engine is off? Until it reaches a certain temp? This is what the OP needs to find out with the tune.
My fan stays on only while the car is running. Once I shut it the fan is off. It sounds like the OP has his or her fan on all the time while it's running which is normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I contacted them and they said The Fan isn't set to be on all the time. It'll shut off when ECT dips below a certain temperature. But I always hear it on at all times

1 - 9 of 9 Posts