Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 4.0, it keeps giving me the code p0175. I took it to my mechanic and he couldnt find any problems with the car. He recommended me to get it tuned since the code says im running too rich. He also told me to take it to the dealer to get the computer reflashed. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I looked up the code and this site has some good info hopefully it helps unless you came across this as well
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0175

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

It seems like reflashing wouldnt be the problem. Seems like a sensor problem

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you have installed fuel injectors with a higher pound rating than stock it will need to be tuned. The computer will be providing fuel based off the stock injector size. If you have bigger injectors it will supply more fuel which will then be picked up by the o2 sensors so the obd2 system will think there is a problem when the only issue is it's not tuned for the injector size. If this is the case you could either go back to stock injector or have it tuned. This sounds like what the tech is saying since they did not find a problem like a injector stuck open/leaky , excessive fuel pressure or faulty o2 sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
You are going to get a lot of opinionated tune answers.

Steeda gets my vote, and they will write tunes for that car for the life of ownership.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How do you like it? I was looking at that one earlier.
I like it a lot. I have a 09 4.0 mustang with k&n cai and sr tbs screamin demon coil pack mid x pipes true dual pypes with this tuner i am running a 91 octane tune and removed my speed limiter so i do not have a top out speed and my shifting response is so much better and quicker it does pull hard. My car idles at 1000 rpms on park you can adjust so much with this tuner. I ran agianst a 1st gen evo turbo and won.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like it a lot. I have a 09 4.0 mustang with k&n cai and sr tbs screamin demon coil pack mid x pipes true dual pypes with this tuner i am running a 91 octane tune and removed my speed limiter so i do not have a top out speed and my shifting response is so much better and quicker it does pull hard. My car idles at 1000 rpms on park you can adjust so much with this tuner. I ran agianst a 1st gen evo turbo and won.
Wow thats awesome! Thanks for the info i think I'm going to go for it next week then.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts