Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm not sure. I own the previous generation Mustang, so yours is a little different than my car. I'm pretty sure that is the condensation drain, but not 100%.
I think that if it was one of the heater core pipes, the coolant would be running out of it very rapidly.
I also forgot to mention, I also notice some steam coming out of my a/c vents, it happened for 2 days and it stopped

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Well, I didn't want to just start throwing around wild guesses, but it really is starting to sound like you have a leaking heater core. :(
Is the carpet damp on the passenger side footwell?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, I didn't want to just start throwing around wild guesses, but it really is starting to sound like you have a leaking heater core. :(
Is the carpet damp on the passenger side footwell?
Nope I checked, not wet at all

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
You might be getting sort of lucky, and everything is draining out of the drain pipe, as it should be.
Still do the pressure test, and pay very close attention to that pipe while the system is pressurized. If you see any fluid leaking out of it, there is a very good chance that the heater core is leaking.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
That looks like the condensation drain for the HVAC box located underneath the dashboard .
Water will leak out of it while using the air conditioning, and in some cases, the defroster.
That was my first thought. However, I don't have that particular model Mustang at my disposal to look at.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts