Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i was driving home tonight from charlotte NC, about an hour from where i live, and i just had a terrible and tiring day, i even missed my exit so i had to get out in the next one and take even longer. Anyways, i was about to get home and i passed the last intersection where the 25 mph zone ends, and the 35 mph zone starts. I sped up to about 20-25 mph until i saw a car ahead of me, i thought he was going faster so i put it in third but he was going so slow i almost hit him and had to go back into 2nd between 15-20 mph, IN A 35 so already dangerous. This was on a two way road and there were no cars coming in the opposite lane, the intersection ahead was at red and wouldn't change until we got up to it (it's how that light works), so me being impatient and stupid decided to go ahead and pass this idiot, it was a solid line, and as soon as i crept even the tiniest bit into the next lane this fool beeps at me and swerves directly in front of forcing me to turn completely into the opposite lane. After i passed him i was going like 30 but he decides to chase me and speed up right on my bumper, i sped up too because i didn't want him to hit me and we got up to 45 (yeah he sped up AFTER i had to pass him), after a minute i had to turn right and he kept going. Could i get in trouble if he got my plate number?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ok so i was driving home tonight from charlotte NC, about an hour from where i live, and i just had a terrible and tiring day, i even missed my exit so i had to get out in the next one and take even longer. Anyways, i was about to get home and i passed the last intersection where the 25 mph zone ends, and the 35 mph zone starts. I sped up to about 20-25 mph until i saw a car ahead of me, i thought he was going faster so i put it in third but he was going so slow i almost hit him and had to go back into 2nd between 15-20 mph, IN A 35 so already dangerous. This was on a two way road and there were no cars coming in the opposite lane, the intersection ahead was at red and wouldn't change until we got up to it (it's how that light works), so me being impatient and stupid decided to go ahead and pass this idiot, it was a solid line, and as soon as i crept even the tiniest bit into the next lane this fool beeps at me and swerves directly in front of forcing me to turn completely into the opposite lane. After i passed him i was going like 30 but he decides to chase me and speed up right on my bumper, i sped up too because i didn't want him to hit me and we got up to 45 (yeah he sped up AFTER i had to pass him), after a minute i had to turn right and he kept going. Could i get in trouble if he got my plate number?
If he is wiling to make a statement, possibly. Based on his actions, he probably won't report it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Not unless he has a dash cam and even then. Ppl like that generally have small peckers and terrible home lives.

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
No. You can't get in any trouble.
Even if he got a license plate number, and the entire incident on dash cam, there is no way for anybody to positively identify the driver of your car.... Except you, of course. Since you cannot be forced to self-incriminate yourself, if you remain silent, in a case such as this, and don't answer ANY questions that may be asked (Not a single question!), then you have nothing to worry about.

The other driver was probably upset about you tailgating him. Try to avoid doing that in the future.
Someday, someone is going to slam on their brakes and you won't be able to stop in time. Your insurance company will end up paying them for a crap box that they probably didn't like anyway.

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Not just tailgaiting, passing illegally too. No matter how bad of a day you are having, murphy's law = you do something like that on that day and you'll get dinged by a cop for a LOT of money or you'll get in an accident.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know, I tried not to tailgate but he was going so slow whenever I engaged 2nd hear my car would creep up to him more. Literally the first time that’s ever happened to me, and I don’t think I will ever do something like that again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts