Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a dent in the roof of my car, its over near the side so i cant get it out with like a rubber malet. any one have any suggestions? its like 3 inches long and about 1 inch wide. does that dent, suction thing work?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
pop a dent? i dunno if id try it, if I was you i would just ask a body shop if you know any good honest ones.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
see if there is a paintless dent remover place in your area, they can fix alot of dents w/o having to repaint anything.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
If it was warmer outside I'd tell you about a trick...if it's really warm outside, you can just get some dry ice, put it in a rag, and rub it over the dented area. The metal will contract and expand so fast that it will pop the dent out. This only works on certain dents and does not always work. I've used it before though, and it worked that time. Just gotta be hot enough to work.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
lowflyn said:
If it was warmer outside I'd tell you about a trick...if it's really warm outside, you can just get some dry ice, put it in a rag, and rub it over the dented area. The metal will contract and expand so fast that it will pop the dent out. This only works on certain dents and does not always work. I've used it before though, and it worked that time. Just gotta be hot enough to work.
i gotta try that one my moms van her **** is all beat up since im not there to take care of it

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
dont screw with it you will make it worse take it to a professional shop, not some backyard shop cuz they are cheap... you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It only works on really hot days though...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I onno, haven't done it in a while. It was 90+ when I did it, and it was a crease pretty much in the roof of my old car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts