Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im wanting to build my car into a fun street car Wat r some good mods to start out with? It's a 95 GT aode car. I already have 4.10s and a b&m shift kit I just wanna get some opinions and ideas so I can kind of get my own idea. I want somthing streetable of course.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hey guys Im wanting to build my car into a fun street car Wat r some good mods to start out with? It's a 95 GT aode car. I already have 4.10s and a b&m shift kit I just wanna get some opinions and ideas so I can kind of get my own idea. I want somthing streetable of course.
See the "Mustang Modifications - In the Beginning" thread.
Has some updated information as of a few minutes ago. :good:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) pretty good stuff on there can't wait for tax time so I can knock out most of the bolt ons. Also I've looked into an aluminum driveshaft but some ppl have told me not to get one. Wats ur opinion on tht?

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

I figured it would compliment the 4.10s along with a set of underdrive pullies which will be one of the next mods.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Thanks :) pretty good stuff on there can't wait for tax time so I can knock out most of the bolt ons. Also I've looked into an aluminum driveshaft but some ppl have told me not to get one. Wats ur opinion on tht?

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

I figured it would compliment the 4.10s along with a set of underdrive pullies which will be one of the next mods.
I don't know why they don't think you should get one. :confused:
I have one, but it isn't installed yet. They are great for reducing your rotating mass and they dampen minute vibrations. I'd say get one if you want it. :good:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got one one mine and let me tell you its great not only do you knock out a couple of lbs off your ride but eliminate a lot of vibration so I say get it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok man Idk why my buddies told me otherwise.. smh they r Chevy boys tho guess they don't want yet another ford outrunning them. Lol but yeah I'm gonna look into getting one. Fast Ford has it listed at 264.99 I believe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Throttle body, MAF housing, MAF sensor, intake, better ignition... The list can go on and on. It all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've already got the street fire coil msd cap 9mm Ford racing wires and Bosch platinum plugs. I've noticed a lot better throttle response with those upgrades I'm looking to get a msd distributor and the ignition box soon.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Good looking stang btw

·
Registered
108 Posts
street firecoil is just a msd oem coil does no different than stock ones msd blaster coil is the one that gives you the better spark ive tried both this is from exprience on sn95

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

just trying to help but everybody has their own opinion

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries man thts why I ask yall for input. I really didn't do the research on the coil I just grabbed one up when I did my tuneup it needed it bad the old one was burnt up which is prolly why I noticed the better throttle response and Wat not.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
street firecoil is just a msd oem coil does no different than stock ones msd blaster coil is the one that gives you the better spark ive tried both this is from exprience on sn95

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

just trying to help but everybody has their own opinion
They are pretty close in voltage output with the Street Fire actually coming in higher at 48K volts and the Blaster at 44K volts. The Street Fire also has a slightly higher Peak Current with a slightly lower Spark Duration than the Blaster. What that means is that the Street Fire will deliver more power, but at slightly less duration than the Blaster.

What really matters is that either one will serve equally well in his case and they are both better than a stock coil. :good:

Street Fire TFI Coil

Blaster TFI Coil

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
FLAT BLACK GT said:

Go for tha driveshaft! I did, it its pretty good weight diff...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow this is actually a good thread, im glad i found it im pretty much in the same boat as you, new to the 5.0s ..thanks for starting this..

How much was the 9mm wires you bought?

Also anyone have any thoughts on intake manifolds and heads...?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Also anyone have any thoughts on intake manifolds and heads...?

The Trick Flow HCI kit will net you around 350 HP at the crankshaft.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The wires were lil over 50 after taxes ordered them from the hotrod barn close to my house. And I've had my car for about 2 years but I'm just now in the modding stage so I understand how ya feel lol and how much would a trick flow h/c/i combo run me roughly??

·
Registered
38 Posts
thanks man for the suggestion i was looking at that kit but its a little expensive for me right now, i was trying to figure out a possible used type build or cheaper built i could do, but now that i know it will put me over my original goal of 300rwhp i might just save up....self debating sucks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I'm waiting on tax time and pell grants ima buy a cheap truck and prolly use the rest for the trick flow combo if its not more than 2k. The gt40 set up is cheaper but from the info I've gathered u won't make as much power. But man u gotta Sharp looking car wat size cowl hood do u have?

·
Registered
38 Posts
thanks man, honestly i couldnt tell ya i havent even seen/driven my car :( , i found it on craigslist and talked to the guy and my wife went and looked at it with couple army buddies and bought and drove it back to the house...i know its the stalker front bumper and hood is crivinis cobra r hood i think the guy said i honestly cant remember i have had this car since 18 nov for my birthday...i just know i want 300 hp min.

and the trick flow kit for everything the cheapest i can find the full kit is 2499 for the black kit the sliver kit is 100 cheaper

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very cool man and I guess ill have to save for a lil bit. I'm the same way I wanna reach at least 300 to the wheels but with tht combo full bolt ons and supporting mods should be a good bit more. But yeah I'm sure u can't wait to get in tht thing I kno bein away from mine more than a day I start missing it Haha

1 - 20 of 68 Posts