Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am driving at a constant speed in 2nd or 3rd I can hear a slight popping from the exhaust. Also when I try to aggressively accelerate I get a lot of hesitation. I'm thinking it could be the fuel filter. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Is it throwing any cel codes?

Sounds like a missfire of sorts, just need to determine if it is spark or fuel related.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes. It was throwing one for a misfire in cylinder 4 but I changed all the plugs and got a new cop for the cylinder that was misfiring and the major symptoms stopped. But the day after I did that this started.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It may be burning off the excess fuel deposit and carbon from when #4 wasnt working right

·
Registered
30 Posts
Need to use an IDS and perform a power balance test to determine what cylinder is misfiring. What kind of plugs did you put in it? Hopefully motorcraft. I have seen fords misfire with brand new non motorcraft plugs. Even had a 03 cobra with some fancy performance plugs that where just put in it and it ate up the cats. I changed out the plugs for motorcraft ones and changed the h-pipe and it was fine then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts