Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I have started a trend.:D :good: Rick the family shield looks good.
Lets see how many people follow suit. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smokedya95stang said:
dont even know if we have one.
A family shield would only come if you were of Old World royalty or you are a decendent of a person that was Knighted.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
hhhmmmm, where can i find them thar shields on the enter-net? I be related to queen mary of scotland

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a Real shield. We are talking about a Family Coat of Arms, Crest or Shield that was a mark of Royalty or Nobility.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fast64 said:
hhhmmmm, where can i find them thar shields on the enter-net? I be related to queen mary of scotland
Dont be an idiot :bad: Remember I know how old you are and you dont have a clue!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A Kilpatrick was knighted along about the time frame of that movie "Brave Heart" He was knighted for slaying a tyrant and saving the kingdom for Robert the Bruce. Our family has been in Scotland since at least 585 AD. We are part of clan Colquhoun.

We had our own castle too: Closeburn Castle is one of the oldest, continuously inhabited Castles in Scotland and dates from the 14th century. It was built by the Kirkpatricks/ Kilpatricks who had a close association with Robert the Bruce.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I got this info and the family crest from Cyber Clan Kilpatrick or http://www.kilclan.com/home.htm This is a website for the Kilpatrick family. There are other such websites for families on the internet, if you search the net you may find one or certainly you can find info about your family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts