Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body has this engine on you're pony ? How much hp and tq ? Or is better to go with a stroker 4.2 ? Thanks for the answers !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BIGBLOCKTRADER said:
what is hi-po 3.8 ?
Hi-Po 3.8: Eagle forged I-beam rods, ARP rod bolts, Wiseco forged pistons, rings,
pins, and lox this from super six Motorsport so I want to know if some one has this set up on there mustang just want to know if is a good set up or is better to go stroker 4.2

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I just have a junkyard 4.2 swap alrefire, cheap and good for ~350-375rwhp lol

But yeah the hi-po 3.8 is nice if you just want stronger internals, to see gains from it though a 4.2 is better, more torque

·
Registered
835 Posts
I re-used my connecting rods and just bought new pistons, bearings and seals. The first rebuildt kit was ****. Didn't find out until i started it though.
So I got a refund, but i had to bore the block out to fix the damage the pistons did to it. the shop did that for $120.
In the end it cost around $1000 for my 4.2 stroker. It was with my parents money so my mom wanted me to get something cheap, My dad wanted me to get something with quality. WHICH is what i did the 2nd time after i got a refund from the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My 4.2 was $300 lol still kicking without a problem in the world, ford factory tough! haha

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine was kinda worse than a junkyard stroker when I found it.
It was in the back of my auto-shop with parts missing off of it. I didn't care though since the teacher let me take it for free.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
There is a 4.2 swap thread as a sticky at top of V6 section

·
Registered
835 Posts
you would need EVERYTHING the 4.2 has. minus the heads and intake.
you'll use your old intake for that. The 4.2 cam is optional but i'm pretty sure the stock 4.2 cam is a little bit better than the mustangs cam.
I think its something about torque, since it is a truck engine.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have no idea what my mpg's are. My old 3.8 that's now blown up got 28mpg on a trip once. I'm guessing the 4.2 would get 25-26mpg on the hwy.

also @fourloko530 I kept my original 3.8 heads and intake and just used the 4.2 block, internals and everything.
I only used a 4.2 block because my 3.8 block was cracked.
There the same thing though.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Well.. You see the car it's uh... Like 16 lol

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
lemons95 said:
You have 3.73 gearing and whole bunch of other mods.
Correct lol like 5K worth of sh!t

1 - 20 of 20 Posts