Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
kickerofdoom said:
Which color is the best to get?

image-2255611950.jpg

I prefer the 5000k white. Depends on your preference. Personally I think blue/yellow/purple look cheap and ****ty. A hint of blue is okay tho...

·
Registered
278 Posts
kickerofdoom said:
When I think of white I think of audi
Yea cuz they look expensive and niceee. Like I said, it's all preference. When I see dark blue or yellow I think of Hondas and toyotas. I do like the light blue 6000k tho

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
None, they're all illegal

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Dub9stang said:
Yea cuz they look expensive and niceee. Like I said, it's all preference. When I see dark blue or yellow I think of Hondas and toyotas. I do like the light blue 6000k tho
Yea 6k is the best.

image-2023611362.jpg

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
4300K is pure white. 5000K is bright white. 6000K is slightly blue.
I have 6000K bulbs right now. I am purchasing 5K bulbs this week to get towards more of a whitish illumination.
These are all the 6000K HID bulbs I have now:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
and at night this is how you look blinding people in front of you

View attachment 72573

that is a slammed Silverado in my rear view mirror. notice the scattered and blinding light?
Notice the truck beside the blinding light?
Understand why I want to shoot those stupid lights out on every vehicle I see them on?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lowflyn said:
and at night this is how you look blinding people in front of you

that is a slammed Silverado in my rear view mirror. notice the scattered and blinding light?
Notice the truck beside the blinding light?
Understand why I want to shoot those stupid lights out on every vehicle I see them on?
Even if he didn't have hid he would still annoy you. Trucks are higher and tend to have brighter lights I noticed.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
kickerofdoom said:
Even if he didn't have hid he would still annoy you. Trucks are higher and tend to have brighter lights I noticed.
Wrong. That truck was tucking tires it was so low. Next to it was a silverado at stock height and stock bulbs.
I'll start posting more pictures so maybe you'll get a better understanding of why I hate those lights.

·
Registered
621 Posts
His lights weren't aimed. Regardless of hight there is a specific hight for your lights. If they were aimed correctly then they would have been right thru your back window and more focused on the ground.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Kingmidas87 said:
His lights weren't aimed. Regardless of hight there is a specific hight for your lights. If they were aimed correctly then they would have been right thru your back window and more focused on the ground.
So the light doesn't scatter? I'd like to see the cutoff of people's hid kits on here. Guarantee not a single one has a clean line

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lowflyn said:
So the light doesn't scatter? I'd like to see the cutoff of people's hid kits on here. Guarantee not a single one has a clean line
Also one thing to think about is how the stock light suck on these models. I tried projector lights and upgraded light bulbs. Hid are the best and safest to use for these models

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
kickerofdoom said:
Also one thing to think about is how the stock light suck on these models. I tried projector lights and upgraded light bulbs. Hid are the best and safest to use for these models
Wrong. Period. ppl like you are why I make such a deal out of this. Blinding other drivers is unsafe and illegal.

I have sylvania silverstars in all of my mustangs and the vision is just fine. I do the majority of my driving in the dark and have never felt uncomfortable in any of my mustangs.

·
Registered
278 Posts
lowflyn said:
Wrong. Period. ppl like you are why I make such a deal out of this. Blinding other drivers is unsafe and illegal.

I have sylvania silverstars in all of my mustangs and the vision is just fine. I do the majority of my driving in the dark and have never felt uncomfortable in any of my mustangs.
I don't get blinded by HIDs from other cars, it's just the trucks that sit up higher. Audis, bmws, 2013 mustangs, I've seen them all at night. They are not bad unless they are driving with the brights on. We have low cars so we are gunna get hit directly with the light from those higher up vehicles

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Dub9stang said:
I don't get blinded by HIDs from other cars, it's just the trucks that sit up higher. Audis, bmws, 2013 mustangs, I've seen them all at night. They are not bad unless they are driving with the brights on. We have low cars so we are gunna get hit directly with the light from those higher up vehicles
...those are factory equipped. Different world than these cheap kits everyone buys.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

thejohncarlson said:
Here is a pic of mine. It is possible to do it correctly.
What setup do you have?
It's easy to have that tight pattern at 10ft...

·
Registered
278 Posts
lowflyn said:
...those are factory equipped. Different world than these cheap kits everyone buys.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

What setup do you have?
It's easy to have that tight pattern at 10ft...
Stop being a ****ing hater.

·
Registered
276 Posts
kickerofdoom said:
Which color is the best to get?
I have 6000k and I will switch to the 5000k someday. The blue tint takes some getting used to and does not seem to illuminate things as well as the white hids in my wife's Acura.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Dub9stang said:
Stop being a ****ing hater.
He was asking what color he should get, not your opinion. It's not like HIDs aren't common. You are gunna be way outnumbered on this topic. So stop staining this thread

1 - 20 of 47 Posts