Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any particular kits or brands? Is it even worth it.. I have a 2012 black gt with the halo (darkened) headlights from American Muscle. What bulb for the fog HID will match the halo lights from AM?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Since you bought halos and didn't go and buy new hids for the original head light the projecters are gonna be white. So if your gonna get hids for your fogs its gonna 6k. And to me brand doesn't make a difference just go with the 6k low beam and it should run you about $60 + tax.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input..
Curious though, why low beam? I really dont know anything about this stuff

·
Registered
304 Posts
Its gives you the option of low beam and high/low beam. Unless your gonna use your fogs as brights then just go with low bean and their cheaper.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Anybody know of any particular kits or brands? Is it even worth it.. I have a 2012 black gt with the halo (darkened) headlights from American Muscle. What bulb for the fog HID will match the halo lights from AM?
Our Halo bulbs are a bright white, So like listed above 6K would probably be your best bet. We actually don't sell HID's so I'm not sure on what brand to get but as long as it has all the necessary parts for install you should be in good shape!

Best of luck, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan, i was looking at buying them from some little website online, can't remember the name but id rather buy them from AM.. You guys should start selling HID kits! I'm sure they'd be a hit.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
mcseb said:
Thanks Dan, i was looking at buying them from some little website online, can't remember the name but id rather buy them from AM.. You guys should start selling HID kits! I'm sure they'd be a hit.
I heard they did at one point, and it's not legal to sell HIDs, just things I've heard tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its technically illegal to add anything to your car that did not come from factory.. Its just one of those things that are over looked at and cops leave you alone.. Of course if you have one of those bright ass hid kits then you might have some issues with the law..

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
mcseb said:
I think its technically illegal to add anything to your car that did not come from factory.. Its just one of those things that are over looked at and cops leave you alone.. Of course if you have one of those bright ass hid kits then you might have some issues with the law..
As long as they are aimed right it shouldn't be a problem tho. And if it is illegal to add anything not stock, all of us on ME should be in jail :) lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
xhgwx said:
As long as they are aimed right it shouldn't be a problem tho. And if it is illegal to add anything not stock, all of us on ME should be in jail :) lol
Haha amen to that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts