Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of purchasing an HID kit type H13 , anyone may help me and tell me is this a perfect match. Basically a plug it in and done type of labor. Thank you in advance for all of your help. Here below is the link in which I am referring.

http://bit.ly/U8Hbe3

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Go to ddmtuning.com and order your kit there...great price...great warranty.... great product

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to spend that much money due to other projects/mods I have in mind. That being said the eBay ones won't due?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
they are the same price as the DDM ones so if it was me i'd stick to the ones i know work great. as for projector upgrades be sure to get projectors designed to work with HIDs...if you don't the output will be horrible

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
35w if you want just double the lumens of standard halogen...55w if you want a bit over 3 times the lumens...it's the easiest way to think of it. also remember with 55w the color will wash out a bit so a color temp won't be the same in both 35w and 55w

·
Registered
984 Posts
I had HiDs in my stock housing the beam was scattered an was to bright so had to get projector headlights to avoid a ticket

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
35w if you want just double the lumens of standard halogen...55w if you want a bit over 3 times the lumens...it's the easiest way to think of it. also remember with 55w the color will wash out a bit so a color temp won't be the same in both 35w and 55w
So when checking out for a stock housing I'm thinking of doing 6000k H13 with mounting bracket

And also not buying the HID harness or error eliminator or adaptor cables. Does that sound correct ?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
So when checking out for a stock housing I'm thinking of doing 6000k H13 with mounting bracket

And also not buying the HID harness or error eliminator or adaptor cables. Does that sound correct ?
yeah that's a good setup....here's my cutoff in my '04

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
yeah 35w 6k..granted it's a tad bit bluer in person, but my phone likes to adjust it to more white lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah 35w 6k..granted it's a tad bit bluer in person, but my phone likes to adjust it to more white lol
I was going for 8000k but because I was going to tint front windshield I didn't want to go too blue and compromise my visibility even more.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
then don't go 8k...that's more blue then what i have..and the bluer the light the less actual visible light you have

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
then don't go 8k...that's more blue then what i have..and the bluer the light the less actual visible light you have
I won't but thank you so much I really appreciate your help. I'm going to order mine soon as possible. So when ordering from ddm ill just need the mounting brackets correct ?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts