Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to tint my head and taillights relatively soon and I was wondering if anybody ever had trouble with cops when installing them. I was going to go with 35w 5000k. I figure with the dark tint over the headlights they wouldn't be that bright. I just don't want any trouble with the cops

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
never had an issue any any car i've owned with them..they are illegal so run at your own risk...btw i'd get 55w not 35w...you will be dissapointed if you get 35w in those housings

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
I'm going to tint my head and taillights relatively soon and I was wondering if anybody ever had trouble with cops when installing them. I was going to go with 35w 5000k. I figure with the dark tint over the headlights they wouldn't be that bright. I just don't want any trouble with the cops
Most cops don't care nowadays (at least in my area)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
In PA and NJ a legal HID constitutes one that is aimed through a non reflective projector housing aimed no higher than the high of your own car

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

never had an issue any any car i've owned with them..they are illegal so run at your own risk...btw i'd get 55w not 35w...you will be dissapointed if you get 35w in those housings
I have 35W in tinted housings and they're perfectly bright and illuminate fantastically.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ever notice those ridiculously bright blue white lights on the street? blindingly bright? that's why they are illegal. and tinting headlight is also illegal no? my friends have done it and it turns the light almost purple and essentially useless it's so dark. I don't recommend it

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
ever notice those ridiculously bright blue white lights on the street? blindingly bright? that's why they are illegal. and tinting headlight is also illegal no? my friends have done it and it turns the light almost purple and essentially useless it's so dark. I don't recommend it
Yes, that is also because I can't tell you how many people just buy tinted bulbs and never know that isn't an HID. Real HID bulbs aren't colored.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Got pulled over a few weeks back, no comment about my lights! So I'd say your fine I run 55W 5000K in smoked headlights

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
So why would you do something to your car because it's "SIC" and take a chance to get pulled over on a traffic stop? Not to mention, installing something that would reduce your nighttime driving vision.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Coltonhess said:
I was thinking they increase night time driving visibility hence the reason why I was asking. I wanted brighter lights so when I do tint them I can see
I had an extremely bad experience with a car that had hid installed in factory housings.
Night time in the rain I couldn't see the road at all. Zero visibility. A flashlight out the window would have been better

·
Registered
753 Posts
I had an extremely bad experience with a car that had hid installed in factory housings.
Night time in the rain I couldn't see the road at all. Zero visibility. A flashlight out the window would have been better
Touché sir..... Conditions like that are pretty bad! However much better than running stock lights in tinted housings

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
So why would you do something to your car because it's "SIC" and take a chance to get pulled over on a traffic stop? Not to mention, installing something that would reduce your nighttime driving vision.
why do people run catless midpipes when they are illegal..because we like them :good:

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
...catless midpipes don't endanger other drivers...
i dunno..extremly loud car goes past an older couple driving down the road. guys hearing aid is sensitive goes crazy at the exhaust note...he reacts and pulls the wheel...slams off the side of the road and dies in a ball of fire :good:

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
1slosix said:
i dunno..extremly loud car goes past an older couple driving down the road. guys hearing aid is sensitive goes crazy at the exhaust note...he reacts and pulls the wheel...slams off the side of the road and dies in a ball of fire :good:
Lol.

To the op ignore the banter

1 - 20 of 24 Posts