Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I got a set of HID for my 2009 ford focus size h13 came with a relay harness, 2 ballast, and 2 6000k bulbs. Today I went a tested every thing to make sure it worked before install.... "Check everything looks good and is working"........ Now time for install, in this process the only thing I changed was the length of the ground wires by maybe 4inches or so. Went and plugged the battery back in and the lights turned on right away...... ???? That's odd as I reach to my back pocket... Yep there in there. The key that's is, but why are the lights on went and checked the switch inside the car and it is in the off position. Now that I am extremely puzzled can someone give me some insight on what the heck is going on? When plugged into the OEM harness the hid stay on no matter what position the switch is in.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Did you have to connect a wire to the battery? If so maybe that is the wrong wire? Can you post up a pic of the wiring diagram?

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you have everything wired as shows should be good... The relay could be bad and if fused together would cause lights to stay on. I am assuming it came with the fuse for battery connection, correct?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
lBRAlD said:
If you have everything wired as shows should be good... The relay could be bad and if fused together would cause lights to stay on. I am assuming it came with the fuse for battery connection, correct?
+1

·
Registered
280 Posts
It would almost certainly have to be the relay. You could unplug the headlight plug to the relay and if the lights still come on you will know the relay is closed. It should be open until it gets remote power from head light plug.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Do you know the voltage coming off head light connection? You should be able to cut that relay out and put an ice cube relay in its place. Look and see if you can find out the amps your ballast draws, if it was low enough you could do away with relay altogether or you would have to run a toggle switch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts