Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm going to buy these HID things...but I know nothing about them? Are they a bulb?? And are they hard to install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
They are a special bulb, has a ballast box and wiring, there an easy install, just don't get to high of watts and don't go higher than 8k on color, personally I would get 35w 6000k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coreyw428 said:
They are a special bulb, has a ballast box and wiring, there an easy install, just don't get to high of watts and don't go higher than 8k on color, personally I would get 35w 6000k
Which one is blue? Lol. These lights confuse me lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
Doe_Rae_mi said:
Ok I'm going to buy these HID things...but I know nothing about them? Are they a bulb?? And are they hard to install?
I agree super easy install just get 35w 6000k you won't be disappointed

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Doe_Rae_mi said:
Which one is blue? Lol. These lights confuse me lol
8k is blue don't go bluer or else you won't be able to see you could go 10k which is the most blue or 12 which is violet but 8 is your best bet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
I didn't like 8k when it came to drivin out where there aren't many street lights, 6k will give you plenty of light and they have a nice blue tint.... Just through my experience if your gonna go with the cheap kits get the 1s with the thicker ballast not the slim kit, if you can afford it get digital ballast they last a long time and are worth the extra $70 to $80
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:( I don't understand these things lol. Whenever I start to buy them ima need sum serious help from u guys! Haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Not a problem

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

On eBay the kits are like $30
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
Obligatory illegal mod post
 

·
It's not me, it's you.
Joined
·
6,752 Posts
SpectorV said:
POINT THEM DOWN if you install them or you will blind everyone
+1 Aftermarket HID's uncapsuled is like flipping off oncoming traffic. Seriously. If you tint your headlight then HID's would be more justified.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top