Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the grille installed! It just came in the mail 3 days ago so apparently they did ship it, but it really was a pain having absolutely no way to contact them about my order. No shipping order, no one answered the phone, no emails, etc. I recommend that if you get this grille, you get it from another retailer. There was another retailer that had it for $5 more, but I guarantee you it'll probably ship to your house faster with much better customer service.

It took us 3 hours but we were also working on two other cars (GTO and S14) so we had a pretty serious Saturday. It killed me a bit inside to drill into the car itself, but the holes are small and you dont really see them. Just knowing it though hurts. We did have a problem where we were marking areas for holes and one happened to be a little off so we had to redrill, but you cant see it anyway. And if you ever get another grille, it'd probably be even easier to cover it up. It's a nice grille though, I love it.

Now, I bought this particular grille for a reason, which was to hide the fogs but allow the 4 eyed look during the night. So tinting the absolute crap out of them was what I was aiming for. The functionality? Absolutely none! The fogs previously widened my visibility but now I cant even tell when they're on unless I know they're on. But I plan to counter back with putting on HID fogs. Probably gonna go with 4300K because I like the white color that my stock HIDs have (although I'm not too sure how the tint will make it look, I want it to best match the headlights in any way possible). The tint is a little glossy because one of my friends had the idea to glossify my fogs so it's a shinier and due to that, it bubbled up a bit and it stands out a bit more than it should. I also plan to plastidip the white areas that you can still see (after taping off other parts of the car and putting newspaper everywhere) so it blends more.

One problem I have is that the radiator cover doesnt fit properly. The front panels cant go down because the fog brackets are in the way. Not a 'real' problem or anything that concerns me too much, but it is a little annoying. I might even take it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks really good, what's the name of the retailer you suggest for that grill and are you able to post a picture of the radiator cover and how it didn't properly fit?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Looks good man

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
:good::good::good::good:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I've been searching and searching for that website that had it for a good price (besides DG customs themselves), but no luck. Stage 3 Motorsports has it for around $200 but I would rather wait as long as I did, again, than pay that much.

I'll post a picture tomorrow morning before I go to school.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts