Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When emissions rolled around I had to take my CAI off, and after putting it back on the stang has been acting weird. On the first start of the day it idles really high at about 1500 instead of 900 rpms, should I take it in to get checked out?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The weirdest thing is that today after not starting it all weekend it idled even higher, 1700-1800 rpms before I put it in gear and it died down to 800-900, which is what freaked me out and why I'm asking now lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I believe so, I'll check after class today.

And I forgot to mention the stupidest thing I've ever done lol I went to take off and clean the filter after I put the CAI back on after emissions and I put a towel over the arm to cover it and early the next morning for school my dumb ass starts it with the towel over it thinking I put the filter back on. Would that have clogged anything up that I need to clean??

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it didnt , the towel didn't even move thank god, but could it have gotten debris or clogged something up?

·
Registered
137 Posts
did you try a reset? I'm assuming you're running without a tune? Maybe your engine ran rich because it wasn't drawing enough air with the towel over the intake and freaked out for a bit.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you try a reset? I'm assuming you're running without a tune? Maybe your engine ran rich because it wasn't drawing enough air with the towel over the intake and freaked out for a bit.
No I have a tune, and when I did that it was still stock, it was before I put the tune back on

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was perfectly fine before I had a moron moment and started it with the towel covering the arm and no filter, so I was thinking maybe some debris or something got dirty in there that's messing up the idle at start

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which ones specificly should I check? The MAF and what else is there? Sorry I'm not too savy on much of how the engine works yet, learning in progress lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wanna say its temperature outside. I'm down in tx and mine has been doing that too. It'll jump to about 1500 and sit there for a minute of two until it gets warm. I never noticed it until it got cold. I have an all stock engine just new plugs and wires but that wouldn't change it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
On cold startups the engine will need to warm up so the idle will be higher. Doesn't it go away in a few seconds?

·
Registered
125 Posts
No few minutes. Now I didn't notice this until a few weeks ago and my thermostat housing has been cracked for a few weeks. Would that cause other problem?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts