Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2011 gt thats about to roll over to 91k. I am saving up for forced induction and would love to hear from others who have boosted one with similar mileage. Also, thoughts and opinions on whether I should even do it. Im about to send an oil sample to blackstone to gauge the health of the engine. P.S I already know about brenspeeds high mileage coyote so just wanting to hear experiences of others. Thanks

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
91k miles isn't really that many by today's standards.

As long as the engine is currently in good condition, I wouldn't worry about it any more than I would worry about a brand new engine. Hell, I'd probably worry less!

Seems like the oil pump gears are the first weak link. You will need to swap them out on any engine, old or new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks the more people I get that type of opinion from the better it makes me feel about it.lol. I will say though the guy who owns the dyno I go to told me he has seen alot of guys make 6 & 700+ hp on the stock oil pump gears. He said he wouldn't worry as long as your not banging rev limiter all the time but I took what he said with a grain of salt because he is literally the only person I have ever heard say that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
He said he wouldn't worry as long as your not banging rev limiter all the time but I took what he said with a grain of salt because he is literally the only person I have ever heard say that.
Well, that's common thinking regarding the REV limiter, but don't underestimate just how quickly and accidentally you WILL bounce off that mark once supercharged. It will wrap up to the limiter so fast, you'll find yourself in an O'Shhite situation faster than you expect.

Just my 2¢

I'd go ahead and do the OPG and TC sprocket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that's common thinking regarding the REV limiter, but don't underestimate just how quickly and accidentally you WILL bounce off that mark once supercharged. It will wrap up to the limiter so fast, you'll find yourself in an O'Shhite situation faster than you expect.

Just my 2¢

I'd go ahead and do the OPG and TC sprocket.
Thanks ill keep that in mind for sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts