Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have 188,000 on my GT. I don't know much about cars as this is my first, but it seems to be running fine to me, and my dad thinks is fine as well. Did an oil change, brakes, tires, normal maintenance, but should I be worried about the engine dieing on me with this many miles?

·
Registered
522 Posts
So, I have 188,000 on my GT. I don't know much about cars as this is my first, but it seems to be running fine to me, and my dad thinks is fine as well. Did an oil change, brakes, tires, normal maintenance, but should I be worried about the engine dieing on me with this many miles?
An engine can go far as its owner wants it all depends if it was well taken care of over its lifespan and not beat on and such and or cheap oil I know a buddy with a GT with 233k same motor and tranny runs very well

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
An engine can go far as its owner wants it all depends if it was well taken care of over its lifespan and not beat on and such and or cheap oil I know a buddy with a GT with 233k same motor and tranny runs very well
+11. A buddy of mine has a 2000 GT with about 240,000 miles on it. Runs low 14s in the quarter and its mostly stock.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I have over 200,000 on my 03 gt convertible. Still going strong. It is going in the basement this weekend for a make over. New paint new tires and wheels speedster cover style bar cold air intake new tail lights and head lights. leaving motor and auto trans alone nothing wrong with them.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts