Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 99 v6, and i was thinking about getting exhaust for it, headers, mid pipe, and the mufflers. But i have 136k miles on it, its my daily driver so do you think it would be worth spending the money on considering how long ill have it? Ill be driving it into the ground.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I had around 140k on my v6 when I put on my exhaust. I don't think high miles affects you're car unless you mistreat it and don't do maintenance so you should be good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Venomouz831 said:
I had around 140k on my v6 when I put on my exhaust. I don't think high miles affects you're car unless you mistreat it and don't do maintenance so you should be good.
And youre still driving it? Ive seen people selling them 130-150 so i was curious. Makes sense though, probably dont know a thing about taking care of them.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you wont gain any real hp/tq by messing with the cats or headers. i would recommend a catback and leave the rest stock. You get some sound without being super loud (loud is not the same as good)

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Cs18 said:
And youre still driving it? Ive seen people selling them 130-150 so i was curious. Makes sense though, probably dont know a thing about taking care of them.
No I sold it a little over half a year ago with 150k on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SpectorV said:
you wont gain any real hp/tq by messing with the cats or headers. i would recommend a catback and leave the rest stock. You get some sound without being super loud (loud is not the same as good)
I want it loud, but id do quality over hp/tq. I was thinking 40's turn downs or something, i dont really much about mids, cats, or headers.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Venomouz831 said:
No I sold it a little over half a year ago with 150k on it.
Ah. Did you get another stang or what?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Cs18 said:
I want it loud, but id do quality over hp/tq. I was thinking 40's turn downs or something, i dont really much about mids, cats, or headers.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Ah. Did you get another stang or what?
Yea I got me an 02 gt now.

image-1945423520.jpg

·
Registered
502 Posts
My 2000 v6 has 194,000 miles on it with stock engine and transmission. I have a catless performance exhaust that I put on when it had about 180,000 on it. These cars last a looooong time if well taken care of

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Cs18 said:
Thats sexy bro, Is it supercharged or is the cowl for looks?
Thnks. N no it's not supercharged it's just a low 13 sec stang. Hopefully a few hundred bucks away from being a 12 sec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dgerow12 said:
My 2000 v6 has 194,000 miles on it with stock engine and transmission. I have a catless performance exhaust that I put on when it had about 180,000 on it. These cars last a looooong time if well taken care of
I guess ill have to youtube some catless videos. Im guessing you like the sound or you wouldve change it by now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Venomouz831 said:
Thnks. N no it's not supercharged it's just a low 13 sec stang. Hopefully a few hundred bucks away from being a 12 sec.
Do you ever red light drag or are you one of the casual drivers? My next stang will definitely be a gt just for the sound..and its a bit more fun to open up every once and awhile.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Cs18 said:
Do you ever red light drag or are you one of the casual drivers? My next stang will definitely be a gt just for the sound..and its a bit more fun to open up every once and awhile.
What you mean by red light drag? I go to a drag strip yes if thats what you mean. I also track my car at the auto x

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Venomouz831 said:
What you mean by red light drag? I go to a drag strip yes if thats what you mean. I also track my car at the auto x
I guess not, like street race a quarter mile with some guy in another car. Usually a ricer.. Mines not even worth taking to the track haha all ive done is exterior/interior work. No mods to the engine yet.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Cs18 said:
I guess not, like street race a quarter mile with some guy in another car. Usually a ricer.. Mines not even worth taking to the track haha all ive done is exterior/interior work. No mods to the engine yet.
Oh well sometimes but I dont waste my time on ricers. Only like 350's subarus, r32's n stuff like that. But exhaust is a good first mod for a v6. This was my old v6

image-2058116773.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Venomouz831 said:
Oh well sometimes but I dont waste my time on ricers. Only like 350's subarus, r32's n stuff like that. But exhaust is a good first mod for a v6. This was my old v6
I see. I dont know if i should paint my rims black or not, im about to paint the calipers, and the interior is red and black. I painted the grille black so im not sure. And if i got stripes the back would look checkered because its a black top, with the black deck lid and the lower lip. But if i put them only on the front bumper and the hood..?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts