Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been meaning to post this for a while but have just been very busy.

With the release of the engine kits and the finalization of the Venom Kits (the bolt on parts), the team at EE has began development of a high revving 3.8 Motor.

What does this mean for you? Not much seeing as how it took almost 2 years for the Venom Kit to get released but at any rate I though I would throw that out there for your consumption.

Also by high revving I am talking about getting into the 9000-RPM range.

Not 6 or 7000. Very light valve train and components also boost and nitrous will be a serious concern but they will be tackled because if the motor can’t handle either one, it really isn’t worth a whole helluva lot.

But also we are already prepping on work for the upcoming V6 motor to be released with the next model year. Be expecting a worthwhile kit for it by late 05.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I would look for some shorter stiffer connecting rods and maybe some pistons to take up the slack of the shorter rods. This maybe a customized operation having somebody make some pistons and rods for you if you can't find a good combo thru already exsisting parts. Maybe if you used a dodge 3.5L rods and our 3.8L pistons? I'm just throwing out ideas. And BTW, i sent you a PM about 2 weeks ago i think, you haven't checked it yet.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I don't know dude, 9 grand is alot for a pushrod engine.

Plus, the way my shop teacher has explained it, the bigger the engine, to lower the power band. That's why a little one cylinder sport bike can go up to 13 grand.

Those were his words, not mine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dom said:

Plus, the way my shop teacher has explained it, the bigger the engine, to lower the power band. That's why a little one cylinder sport bike can go up to 13 grand.

9 Grand is alot.

Also keep in mind of indy cars and thier high rev abilities.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
You really can't compare it like that, that's like comparing apples with coconuts. Top fuel dragsters but out 1000's oh HP and use an alcohol mixture for fuel. It's kinda hard to answer you question about how long the engine will last from what I can tell because this is still in the "development" phase, but it once everything works out it'll be you normal engine 100,000 miles at least.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
97Stallion said:
You really can't compare it like that, that's like comparing apples with coconuts. Top fuel dragsters but out 1000's oh HP and use an alcohol mixture for fuel. It's kinda hard to answer you question about how long the engine will last from what I can tell because this is still in the "development" phase, but it once everything works out it'll be you normal engine 100,000 miles at least.
Bingo! Just like we spent 2 years on development for the Venom Kit's. We aren't going to just trow something out there. They will be streetable 100%.

·
Registered
301 Posts
What type of market do you see for a 9000-rpm 3.8L engine? Drag/Autocross? Street?

Or is this for the OHC engine in the newer Mustangs?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Dom said:

it's the displacement not the number of pistons. look at lambos and ferraris... V12s but making power at 7k rpms and up. they are only like 4.2L V12s.

thats also why my 2.0L with some valvetrain mods can do 9k rpms with ease and stock is 7500 rev limit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts