Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that our Coyote motors are strong and have long lasting longevity. Can anyone validate this?

What is the highest mileage Coyote out there/you have seen?

Mine is a 2014 and already has 20k miles with 11 months of daily driving. No problems yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 14 has 27k+ on my daily driver. I hope they do last a long time.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have seen some used 5.0's with 70,000 + so I guess at least that much lol. I know my answer is based on sound science

2014 5.OHHHHHH

·
Super Moderator
18,022 Posts
Just saw a used one on autotrader with 77k on it. Theoretically, these motors should be as durable as the modulars but you never know.

·
Registered
295 Posts
2013 with 17k miles... i won't find out for quite i while i hope :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Father in law just bought a 2011. F150 5.0 with 103,000 a few months ago and no issues and runs like a champ

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
94 Posts
As with any engine, its life is dictated by so many factors, but you can rest assured that the modular engine architecture is not new by any means, introduced in 1991 in the Lincoln Town Car. There have been many many Lincoln's, Crown Vic's, and F150's with well over 300k miles. This is a very durable engine architecture and nobody should have any worries about longevity of the Coyote variant either.

Here is a Wikipedia link that cover a little of Mod history:
Ford Modular engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of now, my 2014 GT Auto, purchased on 4/14/2013 is 15-months old with 34,500 miles so far. I change the oil every 10,000 miles using Mobil 1 Extended Performance, 5w20 oil.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Sad day today my 11 daily driver rolled over 30,000 =(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Sad day today my 11 daily driver rolled over 30,000 =(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Why is this sad? You can look forward to hitting at least 300K with good maintenance done on that engine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If I do not get $100k out of my 2014 Mustang GT, I won't be buying another ford.
I do not beat on it and take very good car of it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Is your Stang wrapped in gold?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
94 Posts
If I do not get $100k out of my 2014 Mustang GT, I won't be buying another ford.
I do not beat on it and take very good car of it.
dseg: I'm pretty sure Compstall's response was in reference to your accidental use of the dollar sign in front of 100k.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It was

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
18,022 Posts
Honestly some of those Kias are decent little daily drivers and you can't beat the warranties. I would not drive one but the wife keeps asking about the Soul since a friend has one he likes.

Anyway, 100k is nothing these days, 200k is the new goal IMO. If you take good care of your car and then at 100k do all the 100k stuff it should be G2G. Although the 100k usually is kind of pricey if you can't do all your own work and if no exhaust work was ever done that's about the time where cats are clogged and stuff is rusted out if you live in a rust state. Having to go through the exhaust runaround with the wife's car and my Expy as well. Wife's car needs a new cat, Expy will give me a good excuse to get headers and a a full exhaust I guess lol. Those things jump from 16mgp to 20mpg when you do the exhaust I hear...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just hit 200 miles today on my 2014 5ohh. Sad day... Haha. Now if I could just find some used Borla stingers at a good price. I can get several hundred thousand miles on her the way she was intended..

1 - 20 of 142 Posts