Mustang Evolution Forum banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Drive it like you stole it!

2012 5.0 with 52k miles and counting. Do have that ticking sound when the weather is warmer, Fades when I do a fresh oil change. Drives great though! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,920 Posts
My buddies 11 5.0 is getting close to 90k...

Adventure till you drop

·
Registered
156 Posts
13k on my 2014, bought it Jan/14. They are meant to be driven, oh and no ticking so far.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had 180k on my srt8 charger only issue was power steering pump......if I don't see a 100k+ with no issues I'll be pissed...trans being crappy already bugs me

·
Registered
126 Posts
2012 Coyote, 3.73, 63K miles. It's a ticker AND burns through 1 quart in between oil changes at 5K intervals.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
156 Posts
2012 Coyote, 3.73, 63K miles. It's a ticker AND burns through 1 quart in between oil changes at 5K intervals.

whats the tick from? cam gear?

·
Registered
126 Posts
whats the tick from? cam gear?

It's the tick that occurs right after and oil change. Many people have it. Honestly I don't know what it is. I've heard opinions from lifters to fuel injectors to AC tensioner. All I know is that it goes away after about 500 miles only to come back after an oil change.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just had the oil changed in my 2011...any tick I ever get is from stones in the Pirelli tread grooves. 20.8K miles...So Cali car. Loved it from the first time it went sideways on me coming out of a red light.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's the tick that occurs right after and oil change. Many people have it. Honestly I don't know what it is. I've heard opinions from lifters to fuel injectors to AC tensioner. All I know is that it goes away after about 500 miles only to come back after an oil change.

I really haven't heard any ticking yet. Im going in for my second oil changes so I will keep my ears open. I have roush axle backs so maybe its masking the sound. Do you hear the ticking in your car or when standing over your engine? Some guy on another post said his ticking was cause by the cam gear idler belt or something, he said it was an easy fix, I don't know tho..
By the way, why are you burning oil every other oil change? you running ur stang hard?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I really haven't heard any ticking yet. Im going in for my second oil changes so I will keep my ears open. I have roush axle backs so maybe its masking the sound. Do you hear the ticking in your car or when standing over your engine? Some guy on another post said his ticking was cause by the cam gear idler belt or something, he said it was an easy fix, I don't know tho..
By the way, why are you burning oil every other oil change? you running ur stang hard?

The tick is most noticeable when there is a thick barrier on either side of me. Such as going through a drive through or pulling into my garage. It bounces the sound back and I hear it a lot better. It occurs at low RPMs such as when I'm slipping the clutch in first. It's also when the engine is nice and warm.
As far as burning oil, I have no idea why. I have 3.73 gears but my shifts average at about 3K RPMs. She sees about 20 5K shifts in between oil changes. My last redline was 2 months ago and I rack up miles due to highway commuting. I personally don't think I drive her hard especially since these engines are capable of much more than the stock setup - which I am currently on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The tick is most noticeable when there is a thick barrier on either side of me. Such as going through a drive through or pulling into my garage. It bounces the sound back and I hear it a lot better. It occurs at low RPMs such as when I'm slipping the clutch in first. It's also when the engine is nice and warm.
As far as burning oil, I have no idea why. I have 3.73 gears but my shifts average at about 3K RPMs. She sees about 20 5K shifts in between oil changes. My last redline was 2 months ago and I rack up miles due to highway commuting. I personally don't think I drive her hard especially since these engines are capable of much more than the stock setup - which I am currently on.

Dan, here is a link to a thread concerning this ticking sound http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352548

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am just glad I have a battery tender hooked up on my 2014 GT bought dec 2013 it has 4721 on the Od . My garage doors have been frozen shut last 3 Months. so I have to be content with the aerostar and bronco 2 that are in the driveway.
Roughly 150,000 on each with only brakes oil changes and tuneups.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dan, here is a link to a thread concerning this ticking sound Ticking sound - Mustang Evolution
Geeez bro, I can hear that ticking, it sounds like many things, heat cooling down, lifter noise, belt ticking, geeez it would bother me. I'm happy because I haven't heard any ticking but getting close to my 2nd old change. I am surprised a dealer has not found it since it seems to happen to so many cars, or maybe they are just being lazy and don't want to fix it. So many people are saying its not hurting the car but geez, that sound sucks..Hope soon it will be identified.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2012 GT
Bought it in March 2015 with 62,800
I'm at 65,000 now(May 2015)
Haven't had a problem with her:)
(Knock on wood)...
??

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
65 Posts
10-13 purchase on my 14 GT. 4.7k as of yesterday.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

101 - 120 of 142 Posts