Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really? As long as it can be turned off for those of us that KNOW how to drive manual, I guess it's okay....

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Mustang Convert said:
Really? As long as it can be turned off for those of us that KNOW how to drive manual, I guess it's okay....
My dad has it on his jeep wrangler and it's actually pretty cool. I mean, I slip maybe 2 inches back at most with my mustang on very steep hills, but it's nice to be able to relax a little. And you hardly even notice its working either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno. I guess I'm just stubborn. The old way was good enough for me, it should be good enough for you too! Darn whipper snappers! Lol

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Haha, I'm 17 and I love the old fashioned way... I don't slip really at all. But it's just a nice feature to have... And as long as there not making you pay extra for it, I'm fine with it on a new mustang I get.

Oh, and to answer an earlier question, you should be able to turn the system off, it's all in the computer. My dad was having a brake problem and just to make sure that wasn't it, they deactivated it temporarily.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
That's pretty funny stuff! Sounds like something that would come on a Saturn lol.

The only time I could see it being useful is when one of those jackasses keeps inching up toward the rear of your car until they are an inch away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate that too. If I didn't love my car so much I'd roll back into them and make them fix my car. Lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
A friend of mine has this on his STI, and he doesn't like it. I think I'm ok with the old fashioned way...

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Mustang Convert said:
I hate that too. If I didn't love my car so much I'd roll back into them and make them fix my car. Lol
True, very good points made. And I suppose if somone did pull up a half inch from the bumper and you rolled back into them they would be at fault since technically they were following too close.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hill Start Assist, perfect for people too damn lazy to learn how to drive :bad:

If someone is that close to you, learn how to use the parking brake to hold
the car and then slip the clutch... What's next, an automatic manual? :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tfalk said:
Hill Start Assist, perfect for people too damn lazy to learn how to drive :bad:

If someone is that close to you, learn how to use the parking brake to hold
the car and then slip the clutch... What's next, an automatic manual? :(
I actually DO use the parking brake. Especially in traffic, when some one is all up in my trunk. Roll slowly and pull the brake. They get no lights from me to indicate I'm stopping... :evil grin: Haven't gotten hit yet, but I've watched a whole lot of tailgaters nosedive on their brakes! Lol!

Automatic manual = semi-automatic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts