Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
hmmmmmm..... I dont think so. Not that I have herd of at least. Most any car with hill assist will come with it activated as there is no reason for it not to be on all the time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rebeltx said:
hmmmmmm..... I dont think so. Not that I have herd of at least. Most any car with hill assist will come with it activated as there is no reason for it not to be on all the time.
I found on my 2011 automatic but not on my 2012 manual....that's weird.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 13 manual and it has hill assist, it activates by it self every time ur on 1st gears.
Not sure if it is only for the 13 or if it is for manuals only no matter the year.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ok, before we go any further..... Define "hill assist"..... I was talking about a feature that would only be on a manual car. It would allow you to take your foot off the break in first gear while on a hill and the car will not roll backwards. This would be much diferent that an auto's hill assist that just holds you in lower gears longer so you could power up a steep hill.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

[/COLOR]or, you could always use the hand break method......

set hand break, let off foot break, apply GENTLE throttle/let out clutch, release hand break and off you go with no backwards roll

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Autos have had it since '11 I think. Manuals got it first time in '13. It does it anytime you're stopped on an incline with the clutch in. It doesn't care about gear.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Autos have had it since '11 I think. Manuals got it first time in '13. It does it anytime you're stopped on an incline with the clutch in. It doesn't care about gear.
Autos dont have Hill assist they have grade assist. They are two entirely different things. And op no the 11/12's dont have hill assist.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Ok, before we go any further..... Define "hill assist"..... I was talking about a feature that would only be on a manual car. It would allow you to take your foot off the break in first gear while on a hill and the car will not roll backwards. This would be much diferent that an auto's hill assist that just holds you in lower gears longer so you could power up a steep hillroll
The auto is called grade assist. Same thing as Sport Mode in 2013. In addition the 13s have the ability to be shifted through the gears with a +\- button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts