Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
its bullshit, if you think its too good to be true, odds are it is ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
its BS

thats just an 80 cent resistor you can buy at radio shack. it will probly also damage your cars computor. Any part like that that is soposed to work with almost any car cant be good.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for clearing that up, ****in stingy people. :disgust:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can do the same thing for 34 cents at radio shack, you need a 100k home reisitor... that being said... the reason behind the logic... is that little reisitor changes with the temp of the air being sucked though by that sensor, by sticking a resistor there you basically trick the car into thinking its really cold outside, this adds more fuel.... you get no more power but you use alot more gas :) the only good would be if your car was runnign really lean and you needed a quick fix to get it somewhere.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
im not going to call BS on the mod, but im going to call BS on the price...12 bucks?!

reason im not calling BS on the mod, is because in the taurus community, i know quite a few guys who did that mod, and said it didnt do much for overall power, but helped throttle response quite a bit, and didnt hurt milage much, but you stang guys have a HUGE aftermarket, so dont bother with it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Let me just put it this way when you buy a chip for your stang you get what you pay for. If you pay $20 you are gonna get something that will work like it is worth $20 and probably f*ck up your car in the process. I am not trying to flame you or anything but if you are gonna get a chip go with the pros that do it for a living and don't do it early because every time you get another major mod you will have to get it reflashed. If anything to begin with and if you know something about cars just get a tuner and go from there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts