Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car didn't start this morning for work, and I didn't hear the fuel pump prime. I believe my relay is workin because I did hear the pump ”click” but not prime.
Anywho this is my DD so I have already ordered a holley 190lph pump and o.e relay that will be in tomorrow morning.
my question is if anyone has opinions on the 190? I realize it's smart to upgrade while you're fixin stuff but I could only afford a 190 (I believe 155 is stock?) not a 225. I know it's a matter of $30-40 but that $30-40 needs to go in my gas tank to get my ass to work!
Any opinions?...
Is my stock regulator going to be ok?..I fakin hope so cause that's not in this weeks budget :( but I would think it would be ok as the return line should flow the extra fuel correct?..

PS.. There goes my goddamn bar $$$ FFFFUUUUUU****!!!!

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
So my car didn't start this morning for work, and I didn't hear the fuel pump prime. I believe my relay is workin because I did hear the pump ”click” but not prime.
Anywho this is my DD so I have already ordered a holley 190lph pump and o.e relay that will be in tomorrow morning.
my question is if anyone has opinions on the 190? I realize it's smart to upgrade while you're fixin stuff but I could only afford a 190 (I believe 155 is stock?) not a 225. I know it's a matter of $30-40 but that $30-40 needs to go in my gas tank to get my ass to work!
Any opinions?...
Is my stock regulator going to be ok?..I fakin hope so cause that's not in this weeks budget :( but I would think it would be ok as the return line should flow the extra fuel correct?..

PS.. There goes my goddamn bar $$$ FFFFUUUUUU****!!!!
You will be fine with the 190 lph and your regulator will work ok with it too.
You probably could have found a Walbro unbranded one for less money.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
+1, I have a 250lph pump and stock regulator and it's fine. Fuel pressure is still where it needs to be.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trojan Horse said:
Yeah walbro has a 255lph at summit for $99.99 I guess I am paying a bit more to have the parts by tomorrow morning :( im payin $15 more for a 190 lph dang!..oh well i need Parts asap at least ill be happy with an upgrade a feel better about fuel my pressure.
Usually I like to be able to think ahead of time with upgrades and take my time. That's the price I'm payin DD'n my stangbang.
But knowing it's still an upgrade makes me feel better bout it :)

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

93slowstang said:
+1, I have a 250lph pump and stock regulator and it's fine. Fuel pressure is still where it needs to be.
Good shizz I figured it'd be ok just wanted to make sure..

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Oh and thanks for the help ya'll!
Now it's time to get hillbilly and start tearing apart my stang in da parkin lot!..lol

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fukin OWWW!!!..note to self when installing carpet remember to pull the relay through the carpet!..
I buried mine and in the process of pulling it through the cAhpet managed to gouge my thumb!..DAMN!!!..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
XXSTEVEO66 said:
Fukin OWWW!!!..note to self when installing carpet remember to pull the relay through the carpet!..
I buried mine and in the process of pulling it through the cAhpet managed to gouge my thumb!..DAMN!!!..
I know someone is bound to ask, how the heck did you manage to do that. Lol

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
93slowstang said:
I know someone is bound to ask, how the heck did you manage to do that. Lol
Well I made small cut only big enough for the plug not the relay so whilst try to disconnect the relay (under the carpet blindly) I managed to rip it out past my thumb lol..
Mind you this was within 10 min of workin. DOH!!
Plus it was raining so I was gettin soaked under the car grrr!
But now im at a standstill cuz I don't have a 3/8 drive 1/2” socket OR 1/2” box wrench to remove the gas tank straps. Waitin for my neighbor to bring some fukin tools :/
A bit aggravating but it is what it is.

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
XXSTEVEO66 said:
I did the exact same thing removing the relay from my 87 gt! That frackin hurt!

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
XXSTEVEO66 said:
Well I made small cut only big enough for the plug not the relay so whilst try to disconnect the relay (under the carpet blindly) I managed to rip it out past my thumb lol..
Mind you this was within 10 min of workin. DOH!!
Plus it was raining so I was gettin soaked under the car grrr!
But now im at a standstill cuz I don't have a 3/8 drive 1/2” socket OR 1/2” box wrench to remove the gas tank straps. Waitin for my neighbor to bring some fukin tools :/
A bit aggravating but it is what it is.
Ouch, hope the install goes smooth, at least to help the day get better.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
I would soak the strap bolts with some oil while your waiting if you got any handy.

I also burried my relay when I put in my carpet. Also burried the seat belt bolts as you remember. Mental note when someone's doing a carpet install we will remind them not to gosh dam bury everything.lol

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I've been hosing it down with p/b blaster since I started. Now would be a good time to have aerokroil er wutever dat shats called!

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 1/2” socket but it a girly 1/4” drive lol. My 15mm and 1/2” 3/8 drive sockets are mysteriously missing.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
XXSTEVEO66 said:
I have a 1/2” socket but it a girly 1/4” drive lol. My 15mm and 1/2” 3/8 drive sockets are mysteriously missing.
youll have that. you never know where dem dam sockets will be when you need them. thats why i have resorted to having about 3 complete sets with about 100 spare sockets. lol

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Question. Is the return line quick disconnect the same as the ones one the fuel filter?(little white tabs)..im thinkin it is but the tab has been broken off?.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
93slowstang said:
Ok. Then I know I can just break the rest of the tab. I saved one from the filter that I can reuse and I'll have 2 new ones wit da filter.
Thank brah!.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah walbro has a 255lph at summit for $99.99 I guess I am paying a bit more to have the parts by tomorrow morning :( im payin $15 more for a 190 lph dang!..oh well i need Parts asap at least ill be happy with an upgrade a feel better about fuel my pressure.
Usually I like to be able to think ahead of time with upgrades and take my time. That's the price I'm payin DD'n my stangbang.
But knowing it's still an upgrade makes me feel better bout it :)

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Good shizz I figured it'd be ok just wanted to make sure..

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Oh and thanks for the help ya'll!
Now it's time to get hillbilly and start tearing apart my stang in da parkin lot!..lol
Go to Autozone get a Airtek E2448 Focus SVT Pump.... 65.99
Will drop in and flows up to 290lph and made by Walbro, stamped
right on the side Walbro made in the U.S.A. Picked mine up going to
install tomorrow..........

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Mike90 said:
Go to Autozone get a Airtek E2448 Focus SVT Pump.... 65.99
Will drop in and flows up to 290lph and made by Walbro, stamped
right on the side Walbro made in the U.S.A. Picked mine up going to
install tomorrow..........
Drops right in a fox tank and hooks up the same as factory??

1 - 20 of 42 Posts