Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at lowes the other day getting a new garbage disposal and stainless steel line when I passed by the air compressor section and remembered that I'm still unprotected. So I bought a water/air separator, 2x 3/8 brass nipples, 3' of 3/8 fuel line, and galvanized brackets. All together it cost about $40. I had to remount the alarm, drill and tap the unit for brackets and bend the brackets to fit. All in all it took about 2 hours to do it the right way.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
looking good...alwasy better to make them then spend the cash to buy one pre-made

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also like the feeling when you complete a project you created. I think there's also some security knowing the quality of parts going into it as you picked them all.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow, that turned out really well, great job! There's some great creativity!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
you know op maybe making a quick write up would be a good idea for those not knowing how to make them...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that turned out really well, great job! There's some great creativity!
Thanks! And thanks everyone else. I just got a strut tower brace and I'm in the process of painting that, the spark plug wire covers, and the catch can to match the car. While I'm doing this ill snap some pictures and make a write for you guys.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just make sure that you put a rubber gasket and a nut and bolt at the bottom of it. Those air to water seperators are designed to drip. I made the same very catch can out of that seperator once and i learned the hard way about them dripping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up one of these separators from Home Depot and I have a couple questions for anyone who has done this:

1) how do you mount the brackets onto the separator? I assume they are just bent sheet metal and mount to the firewall plastic with some self-tapping screws? But how do you secure them to the seperator? Doesn't look like there is nub room to drill and tap threads.

2.) what size bolt and gasket can I get to replace the drip fitting at the bottom of the clear cup?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts