Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to paint my side scoops.. What do ya think? I can't decide if I like or not.

image-4083422303.jpg

I also saw a couple post saying you had to remove your seat and unscrew some things holding on the scoops, they are not true. You just take a flathead and a rag, then just pop it out. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you didnt have the side hash marks i think it would look better. But it does help break up the yellow

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Honestly......it sucks! Sorry bro, but it looks like a match box stang.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Way to much going on there. Ditch the black side scoops and choose between hash marks or racing stripes. Both is overkill and doesn't flow together.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah why?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I wasn't sure if I liked it in the first place. I just get a itch to do something to my car but I'm a broke ass college kid and all my work money goes to bills/groceries. I wanna lower my car but am afraid of it. Kinda stumped on what to do with my car at this point :\

That's why I like messing with plasti dip lol. Cheap.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Cut your springs ...easy mod that works great. As for the overall look...to me its overdone...like the transformers edition camaro. Run hash marks or race stripes...but both make it clash.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cut your springs ...easy mod that works great. As for the overall look...to me its overdone...like the transformers edition camaro. Run hash marks or race stripes...but both make it clash.
I am just afraid of getting it off and not getting it back on right lol.

its takes 2 jacks to lift it good enough to take springs out right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
V6 stang said:
I decided to paint my side scoops.. What do ya think? I can't decide if I like or not.

I also saw a couple post saying you had to remove your seat and unscrew some things holding on the scoops, they are not true. You just take a flathead and a rag, then just pop it out. Pretty easy.
Maybe if you remove all those black stripes and the black scoop and put just a decklid panel in the back it will look meaner. Yellow + black rims and tinted windows is pretty badass. But if you want more black maybe you should but the decklid panel. Idk its your car

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
^I agree with this one. Lose all the stripes and just do a blackout panel and maybe the Mach1 hood decal. That would flow better with your spoiler and side scoops.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
primer2tone said:
^I agree with this one. Lose all the stripes and just do a blackout panel and maybe the Mach1 hood decal. That would flow better with your spoiler and side scoops.
+ 100

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Jinielle said:
Maybe if you remove all those black stripes and the black scoop and put just a decklid panel in the back it will look meaner. Yellow + black rims and tinted windows is pretty badass. But if you want more black maybe you should but the decklid panel. Idk its your car
+ 1000

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
V6 stang said:
I am just afraid of getting it off and not getting it back on right lol.

its takes 2 jacks to lift it good enough to take springs out right?
Oh and if you're afraid to tackle the springs, don't risk it unless you can have a buddy with you that has done it before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts