Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen a couple of nice hood decals, I'm thinking of copying a decal and plasti dipping the hood instead of purchasing the decal. It would be a fun project and much cheaper. Here's an idea, what do you guys think? I'm also thinking of doing the roof to match the black of the hood design, thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'm thinking it should come out real nice. You will also save some $$$$ and have a good time doing it. Go for it!

Please post pics when you finish. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would either do that ^^ or fill in the space.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Actually I like it in the pic better it goes with the curves in the hood

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Or the part close to the windshield be all black instead if the narrow white piece

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah.. i'm inclined to copying the decal design on the pic.. I have from 3pm today til about 6:30 to work on it, but i think i'm doing either the roof first or the rear deck lid, that way i'll get a bit more practice before I take on the hood.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Looks good. Consider doing the spoiler. I done mine.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I used a razor blade and put it against the plasti dip at te edge of the tape and peeled the tape back as long as te razor blade was then moved the blade gave it a nice edge

1 - 20 of 22 Posts