Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
not on a stock hood. the stock hood is made out of a composite material and the hood keeps some of the heat off of it keeping it from warping it. plus the insulator (if there were a fire) would come off and smother it.

some aftermarket ones dont have one because the fiberglass they use can withstand the heat from the engine

·
Registered
941 Posts
Monkey said:
not on a stock hood. the stock hood is made out of a composite material and the hood keeps some of the heat off of it keeping it from warping it. plus the insulator (if there were a fire) would come off and smother it.

some aftermarket ones dont have one because the fiberglass they use can withstand the heat from the engine
what he said.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
v6stanger said:
I ditched mine 2 years ago with no problems.
zach, the pre99s had a stronger hood, but it weighed more. he has a 99+. theyre more composit and rely on the insulation keeping it cooler. it also weighs less

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I talked to Pete(Fordchip) at the dyno tune I asked him about his. He ditched his as soon as he got the car and has had no problems on his 99+ for well over a year.

All my friends with 99+ GT's,Cobras,6's ditched theirs. Makes the underside of the hood look gay.

plus its weight savings. 1000hp addition :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts