Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or do you see your hood lift and move when at a speed of 70+? I'm wondering if it's a high pressure zone under the hood? My concern is it must be putting a great deal on stress on the latch. Thx.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
What year is your car and how much does it lift??... My '04 GT hood used to lift a little until I removed the rubber seal at the back of the hood towards the windshield!....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E, it's an 06 GT. I removed that weatherstripping last weekend, and it did seem to help. before that, I was seeing an inch or so lift. Now it's less, but it still does rise.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If you are seeing an inch or so before, then you might want to check and see if your hood is bolted down tight!.. That is alot of movement!.. When I removed my weather-strip my hood stoped moving all together!..

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've had 2 05 GTs and an 07 427R and they each have a lot of hood movement..

Hood pins are a very common upgrade for the newer Mustangs....

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Beav said:
I've had 2 05 GTs and an 07 427R and they each have a lot of hood movement..

Hood pins are a very common upgrade for the newer Mustangs....
Never knew the '05 and newer to have that problem!... Hood Pins are a near future upgrade for me too!.. Mostly for the looks though!.. Lol

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Yeah, my fiber glass hood gets real shaky at 100+ I've got a set of flush mount hood pins but I'm tryin to grow the ball balls to cut into my hood! Lol, once you start cutting, there's no turning back!

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
It lifts on our 08 GT around 75-80

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
primer2tone said:
Yeah, my fiber glass hood gets real shaky at 100+ I've got a set of flush mount hood pins but I'm tryin to grow the ball balls to cut into my hood! Lol, once you start cutting, there's no turning back!
I had a heat extractor hood on my first GT, bought a set of pins and was scared to instal them too! F'n up was scarier then the hood flapping around some! Never did install them! Never even bothered to buy them for cowl on my 87' lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts