Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my 2.5" cowl hood from h.o fibertrends unpainted for about 7 months because I can't find a painter that will do a decent job for a reasonable price places I go say $550 when that's how much I paid for the good itself anybody know what a reasonable price to get a hood painted or how much paint would cost?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Damn that's a lot just to paint hood. Check and see if it'd be any cheaper off the car.

My buddy's shop painted front clip + hood and blended it perfect for a 99 grand prix for $121. I know that was a good deal but $550 is high.

·
Registered
521 Posts
A GOOD paintjob is definitely worth 500. I got mine done for $330, and that's with a discount from knowing the owner. He would normally charge $550. Good paint isn't cheap. Macco paint is.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
A GOOD paintjob is definitely worth 500. I got mine done for $330, and that's with a discount from knowing the owner. He would normally charge $550. Good paint isn't cheap. Macco paint is.
^ this , a good paint job consists of all prep work prior to painting, I have a cervinis cobra r hood I'm about to have painted , my shop will bake the hood , sand , do any and all finishing work to the hood and seams, paint and clear both sides, and install, price- $600

1 - 6 of 6 Posts