158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a couple of weeks ago

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the black billet replacement grills upper and lower from CDC - Classic Design Concepts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are two pics. Not the best. I have the radiator extension covers and used the existing bump stop holes

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
It all seriousness do hood pins serve a purpose or are they for looks? I have no idea. To each his own.
No they actually do serve a purpose especially when you go with an after market hood. At high speeds they like to lift up and the hood pins keep the hood secured down

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

But there's different kinds of hood pins. There's some that you just 3m tape to the hood which isn't a true hood pin and then there's the others where you actually have to drill through the hood so you can mount the hood pin.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Here are two pics. Not the best. I have the radiator extension covers and used the existing bump stop holes
I did mine yesterday. The UPR hood pin radiator bracket was my inspiration. I just enlarged the hole in the middle that has nothing attached to it. Then I dabbed lithium grease on the tip and closed the hood until it made a mark.

So I in essence (short of the awesome billet look), made my own UPR bracket. Great spot.

I made it very tight and removed the OEM latch, cable and hook altogether.

These pics aren't mine obviously but it is nearly identical.

I used 10 dollar stainless steel hoodpin set from Pepboys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.