Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These FRPP hood pins are installed, finally. I chose to use the old hood bump rest holes to ensure symmetry and not have to drill new holes. The only problem with that is that it makes the pins too low for them to work correctly when the hood is lowered.

I had to use some grade 8 bolts to extend the pin distance and add some bolt couplers. Then, when the pin bolts were fully screwed down into the couplers, they were too long when the hood was lowered. I had to cut about 1/2" off of the FRPP pin bolts.

After about 3 hours of measuring, mock-ing stuff up, drilling and a trip to the hardware store, these things are installed. The kit came with two plates; one guide plate and one hood plate. I definitely recommend using the guide plate on the holes under the hood. All in all, they work great and look good (and many lessons learned).

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Nice same ones I used on my old mustang. I will tell you this though because if the elements mine got rusty and looked bad

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Nice work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice same ones I used on my old mustang. I will tell you this though because if the elements mine got rusty and looked bad
I used stainless for all hardware except for the grade 8 bolts I used to extend the pin bolts. Hopefully they won't rust or tarnish too quickly. My cars not a garage queen but I try to keep it clean and out of the snow/rain.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
I used stainless for all hardware except for the grade 8 bolts I used to extend the pin bolts. Hopefully they won't rust or tarnish too quickly. My cars not a garage queen but I try to keep it clean and out of the snow/rain.
Same here! From popping the hood often and the pressure the hood put up towards the pins it scratched up preety bad. But they look bad ass!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, same as mine. Those look great. I really like the R hood. I really want one for my car (then I realize I have to do this and the hood lifts all over again lol). You didn't add the lanyards for the pins? I did...figured if I am going to buy and install the kit I might as well install all of it. Haha

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Yup, same as mine. Those look great. I really like the R hood. I really want one for my car (then I realize I have to do this and the hood lifts all over again lol). You didn't add the lanyards for the pins? I did...figured if I am going to buy and install the kit I might as well install all of it. Haha
Yea they did. It's a keanen cowl hood and I did the work myself also but I didn't want the lanyards on lol. I actually still have those in my garage

1 - 11 of 11 Posts