Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some hood pins for my 2000 v6, but I don't know where I can get the installed? Anyone know a place where I can get them installed ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had the same problem so I went to pep boys they had a set with stainless studs that were about an inch longer for like 10 $ then I used my mounting plates and the new studs

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
advance, orileys, autozone, and pepboys all carry pin kits for cheap..grab some studs there

·
Registered
456 Posts
ChrisTorres08 said:
So I'm curious, did you have a need for these or just wanted to be a ricer?
Hood pins were necessary on classic cars that did no have the secondary safety latch like modern cars have. To put them on your stang is paying homage to classic American muscle. Has nothing to do with ricers. Any ricers with them on are doing what they best know how to do. Being a wannabe!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
from just visual aspects i personally wouldn't put them on my car unless my hood needed them or my latch system was shot and i didn't want to replace it. its all personal preference

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i don't mind the different opinions....i love that the site is diverse in what people like.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put these hood pins on my car cause my patch was broken and I didnt want to replace the hatch, my hood was also broken so this was the easiest way to fix it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts