Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has installed hood pins and which hood pin you would recommend? There are numerous options

Installation seems pretty easy, but wondering if there are any tips here, too.

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I guess no one is a fan of hood pins.

I want to install a pair just for some peace of mind during highway driving. My hood shakes a little and I want to be sure it doesn’t open.

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
Mine shaeks a bit too, OEM hood. I've been up to 140 and it gets really fluttery but no issues. I probably should install pins too...

You can do it with a stock hood, any brand is good really... Some aftermarket hood makers can pre-drill for you too so its super painless. Just prep/paint/install and go.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Aerocatch hood latches get my vote. Clean and smooth.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
I try and remember to grease my latch up front so it can freely move. My theory is if it unlatches, it will spring back catching on the safety notch and not pop up. Probably wishful thinking lol. I hear hood pins are a must with aftermarket hoods. Not sure why, weight or fitment maybe?

I like these on the newedge hood...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qul-ql-38-lpbp/overview/

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I try and remember to grease my latch up front so it can freely move. My theory is if it unlatches, it will spring back catching on the safety notch and not pop up. Probably wishful thinking lol. I hear hood pins are a must with aftermarket hoods. Not sure why, weight or fitment maybe?

I like these on the newedge hood...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qul-ql-38-lpbp/overview/

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of those hood pins are a little pricey. I’m thinking of a more old-school look.

My OEM hood caught the safety notch on the highway once, but I think I did not fully close the hood.

I have seen reviews of some supposedly chrome plated pins that are rusty after a few months.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Some of those hood pins are a little pricey. I’m thinking of a more old-school look.

My OEM hood caught the safety notch on the highway once, but I think I did not fully close the hood.

I have seen reviews of some supposedly chrome plated pins that are rusty after a few months.

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
I never had pins with my Cervinis cowl hood on my 98. No issues at all and I had a few good highway blasts with that car. Cruised at 80 most of the time, no flutter or movement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts