Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Redline Tuning hood struts today and they are sweet as h**l! Took about 15 minutes and that was because I dropped the clip for the sound tube and had to get a magnet to get it out. I have pics but my phone is being an a**hole so I can't load. But for $70, you can't beat this mod. Got them on black fri sale btw.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Just installed Redline Tuning hood struts today and they are sweet as h**l! Took about 15 minutes and that was because I dropped the clip for the sound tube and had to get a magnet to get it out. I have pics but my phone is being an a**hole so I can't load. But for $70, you can't beat this mod. Got them on black fri sale btw.
Make them pictures happen!

·
Registered
881 Posts
The sad part is that they don't come with hood struts in the first place.
+1
Completely agree. I just added hood struts this past Sunday. Simple easy install. Should come factory tho

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Looks good

·
Registered
72 Posts
08SteedaQ350 said:
+1
Completely agree. I just added hood struts this past Sunday. Simple easy install. Should come factory tho

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Looks good
+1! Coming stock would be great

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
The sad part is that they don't come with hood struts in the first place.
+1

Looks good
+1! Coming stock would be great
I think Ford said they didn't want to do it because they wanted to keep that old school aspect of the mustang/muscle car. I admit it would be nice though. Would definitely make life easier.

·
Registered
74 Posts
there's alot of parts thr stang should come with, but thats way there is such a big after market for mustangs ( one of the bigest ).

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think Ford said they didn't want to do it because they wanted to keep that old school aspect of the mustang/muscle car. I admit it would be nice though. Would definitely make life easier.
:wtf Seen any classic Mustangs lately? They have the spring-loaded hinges. No prop rod. I don't buy that--if someone from Ford actually made that claim--IMHGO it's just that a prop rod is cheaper, so the beancounters won out. Not a huge deal to me--I spent the little extra myself to address the issue & put Redline struts on.

·
Registered
881 Posts
:wtf Seen any classic Mustangs lately? They have the spring-loaded hinges. No prop rod. I don't buy that--if someone from Ford actually made that claim--IMHGO it's just that a prop rod is cheaper, so the beancounters won out. Not a huge deal to me--I spent the little extra myself to address the issue & put Redline struts on.
+1000

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
great mod, I like MRTs version as they dont require rivits and they sit back further so they are not in the way but both are great additions very useful

·
Registered
598 Posts
Redline's don't require rivets now, either. The bottom mount looks to be in about the same place, and my Redlines have not been in the way at all. Like you said, whatever brand you pick, it's a good mod.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If the new mustangs came with them then I could see the price going up 500 bucks for the 100 dollar part...

Me personally am ok with my car not coming with all the bells and whistles, gives me a chance to make it my own, even if it is with some hood struts or other minor cosmetic things..

But on the other hand I would like to see ford come out with some motor options, I would love to have a supercharged motor in my gt, straight from ford... What happened to back in the day when you could order your car however you wanted with what ever engine you wanted...

·
Registered
598 Posts
If the hood struts were an OEM part, I would expect to see the price come DOWN for the part (not that we would see the change); volume would drive it down.

What do you mean no engine choices? You can get a 3.7L V6, 5.0L V8 in two flavors, and 5.8L SC V8. That's not enough?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts