Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do y'all think?
Unfortunately this hood was a lesson well learned. I won this on an eBay auction from a seller listed as hood4sale aka Liberty Fiberglass I had to pay a 30 dollar packaging fee FYI. When I received the hood it was loose in the box, I got it home opened it up there was nothing holding the hood in but 4 foam corner pads that weren't even attached to the hood. One of the corners by the drivers side cowl was broke off.?? when I called him he immediately blamed it on the shipper and said that's who I needed to call. I asked him how the hood was supposed to be packaged he said 2x4s and straps were supposed to be in the box to restrain it. As I tried to explain to him that the hood wasn't packaged correctly and none of what he explained was done he became belligerent and totally uncompliant and a total a**. So know I'm trying to hash It out with the shipper to get some of the fiberglass repair taken care of. Anyway lesson learned. Just thought I should pass this info on to the next guy please beware.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles.:(

eBay can be a great place to save money....IF....you can find an honest seller. Usually if they will talk to you, furnish their home phone number and home address you are fairly safe. Couple that with reading ALL of their reviews and you should be ok.

Talking with them on the phone and getting them to answer questions about their item gives me a good feel for how honest and trustworthy they really are. So far that has only failed me once and it ended up with the seller getting banned from eBay, so I got some redemption anyways.

Still it should always be "Buyers Beware" and trust your instincts. :good:

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I love shopping on eBay. You can find really good deals but if they don't accept Paypal then I would not do business with them. You gotta protect yourself. Be sure to rape that A-Holes feedback! Lol

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
It's also useful to know everything there is to know about an item before you even start looking. There are a lot of shady ebayers no less then 1000 sales and no less then 99.9% positive feedback in past 12 mo that is the rule I try to follow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts