Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had this problem a few times. Make sure nothing is preventing the hood from closing. Like a tool or nut you might have forgotten. If not try spraying some WD40 on the hood latch, could be rusted and won't latch forward.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sometimes if u slam the hood u might move the latch whier it locks so u might have to ajust it by moving it up or down in this case i would say up beacus it sounds like its not locking when u close it

·
Registered
362 Posts
This happened to me when I put my new hood on. Just adjust the two knobs by the headlights. Not sure what they're called I think I moved mine down a little and it was good.

Its the knob in front of my intake there is two of them one on each side.
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Automotive engine part

·
Registered
672 Posts
Could your hood release handle under the console still be pulled back? My fox body's handle would always stick and wouldn't let the hood latch until I pushed the handle forward again. Pretty annoying, but I got used to it pretty quick lol. You could also check the little rubber bump stops around the core support, I adjusted mine once literally one turn and they prevented the hood from closing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I had the same problem tonight except I have a right-off-the-lot 2015 Mustang GT. For the life of me, I could not get the hood to close. I am not sure if this is what V6in was explaining, but I turned the little rubber bumpers 720 degrees so they were a tad shorter. The hood still didn't close with just pressure, but it finally latched when I threw it down from about a foot high - I do see a tiny gap now where the hood sits, but I don't think I had many options here! Now if I can just get rid of the cold brake screeching that wakes up the neighborhood... Ironically, I got rid of my old car for this $40k car for the same reasons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts