Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my AB GT due in pretty soon I'm thinking about mods. I want to add a hoodscoop similar to the Roush. I was set on satin black hoodscoop. Now I'm considering gloss white.
Opinions wanted. Thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
12 or 13? The heat extractors will make a big difference if you have them. Also, if you do are you planning them to be body color or contrasting?

There was a thread about a month back where a guy ha a scoop and the extractors. His wasn't bad but it could look like too much going on there

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was looking at doing this too but then I saw a lot of aftermarket hood scoops lifting up on the corners and scratched that idea. If I do it now, it will be a whole new hood with a functioning hood scoop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was originally going with a satin black stripe going "into" a satin black scoop and leaving the extractors body color. I really like the look of a gloss white stripe. A gloss white scoop is what my concern is. Again leaving the extractors body color. I haven't seen a white hoodscoop on any color 2013 or any year for that matter. Again I'm thinking about the Roush style scoop. It would definately be different and I'm starting to think I like it. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
There are a couple of 13's with aftermarket hood scoops on this site...I know there is a DIB CS with a nice hood scoop if you do a search to see what it looks like. That thread also talks about the issue of the corners coming up on a lot of aftermarket scoops.....I think you are right though and it would look good, I just think I want to have a functioning hood scoop when I decide to do it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Here ya go.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts