Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Catted or Off road?

Just get a mac offroad h pipe you will not tell the difference between the two and the h pipe is cheaper

And dont buy the offroad h pipe from them it looks like they still are selling the old hts coated h pipe that will rust.

Get the new Black one and it wont rust

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brent said:
Catted or Off road?

Just get a mac offroad h pipe you will not tell the difference between the two and the h pipe is cheaper

And dont buy the offroad h pipe from them it looks like they still are selling the old hts coated h pipe that will rust.

Get the new Black one and it wont rust
they have both, i really like the sound of an X compared to the sound of an H

i'm getting the OR one in like 3 weeks or so

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Why not just buy a generic X crossover and weld up your own X pipe, it'd be so much cheaper..

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
I'm telling you there is no difference in sound between the x and h lol. Maybe on a V8 Mustang with uneven firing but not on our cars. I have heard bothas well and can't understand how you can hear a difference.

It's your money though and if you like the x then go for it

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brent said:
I'm telling you there is no difference in sound between the x and h lol. Maybe on a V8 Mustang with uneven firing but not on our cars. I have heard bothas well and can't understand how you can hear a difference.

It's your money though and if you like the x then go for it
i've heard both and i really do think there is a difference on a v6.

whitestang, this is just as cheap since i dont have the skills or resources to do this myself

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
I'm guessing I'm whitestang....lol.
But I understand man, that's just about double what I spend on my whole exhaust setup...too rich for my blood

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lowflyn said:
I'm guessing I'm whitestang....lol.
But I understand man, that's just about double what I spend on my whole exhaust setup...too rich for my blood
well i'm not set on that exact one, someone was telling me that the 4.6(99-04) GT X-pipes will bolt right up, since thats what he had on his v6. If thats true then i'm going to find a used OR X

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
timpryor said:
well i'm not set on that exact one, someone was telling me that the 4.6(99-04) GT X-pipes will bolt right up, since thats what he had on his v6. If thats true then i'm going to find a used OR X
^ They won't bolt right up

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brent said:
^ They won't bolt right up
thats what i was saying but he was saying you could on the 99+

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dom said:
H-pipes are louder. X-Pipes are kinda quite. Plus a Cobra only picked up 1hp or 2hp compared to the H-pipe that was half as cheap.
i HIGHLY douby that

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brent said:
Either way with the cats gone you will have a high pitched exhaust abouve 2700rpms
thats why i'm thinking of waiting longer and getting the Catted version insted.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
timpryor said:
thats why i'm thinking of waiting longer and getting the Catted version insted.
That and do you really feel like not being able to pass emissions everywhere?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What does it mean "Can only be added if an industry standard V8 cat back system is installed.", under the x-pipe description?

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Klamdogg06 said:
What does it mean "Can only be added if an industry standard V8 cat back system is installed.", under the x-pipe description?
Means that you will need a Catback from a v8. Be it Gt take offs or a kit by bassani or mac...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts