Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Hooray an X-pipe for V6's

3K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  timpryor 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Catted or Off road?

Just get a mac offroad h pipe you will not tell the difference between the two and the h pipe is cheaper

And dont buy the offroad h pipe from them it looks like they still are selling the old hts coated h pipe that will rust.

Get the new Black one and it wont rust

#3 ·
Brent said:
Catted or Off road?

Just get a mac offroad h pipe you will not tell the difference between the two and the h pipe is cheaper

And dont buy the offroad h pipe from them it looks like they still are selling the old hts coated h pipe that will rust.

Get the new Black one and it wont rust
they have both, i really like the sound of an X compared to the sound of an H

i'm getting the OR one in like 3 weeks or so

#4 ·
Why not just buy a generic X crossover and weld up your own X pipe, it'd be so much cheaper..

#5 ·
I'm telling you there is no difference in sound between the x and h lol. Maybe on a V8 Mustang with uneven firing but not on our cars. I have heard bothas well and can't understand how you can hear a difference.

It's your money though and if you like the x then go for it

#6 ·
Brent said:
I'm telling you there is no difference in sound between the x and h lol. Maybe on a V8 Mustang with uneven firing but not on our cars. I have heard bothas well and can't understand how you can hear a difference.

It's your money though and if you like the x then go for it
i've heard both and i really do think there is a difference on a v6.

whitestang, this is just as cheap since i dont have the skills or resources to do this myself

#7 ·
I'm guessing I'm whitestang....lol.
But I understand man, that's just about double what I spend on my whole exhaust setup...too rich for my blood

#9 ·
lowflyn said:
I'm guessing I'm whitestang....lol.
But I understand man, that's just about double what I spend on my whole exhaust setup...too rich for my blood
well i'm not set on that exact one, someone was telling me that the 4.6(99-04) GT X-pipes will bolt right up, since thats what he had on his v6. If thats true then i'm going to find a used OR X

#16 ·
Brent said:
Either way with the cats gone you will have a high pitched exhaust abouve 2700rpms
thats why i'm thinking of waiting longer and getting the Catted version insted.

#17 ·
timpryor said:
thats why i'm thinking of waiting longer and getting the Catted version insted.
That and do you really feel like not being able to pass emissions everywhere?

#22 ·
lowflyn said:
Yeh but he's in Texas, I was saying it for his benefits=
Not really a problem since
A. I have a friend who is a state inspector
B. They dont sniff the cars
C. The inspection places dont care as long as you throw in an extra 5 bucks

all in all i'm not all that concerned with emmissions. I think i'm going to buy the OR version and if i think its ricey then i will add cats

#24 ·
Dom said:
All the dyno graphs were within two horsepower of each other.
oh ok the way you phrased it it sounded like you meant they only gained 2HP total

i'm getting an OR X around the 18th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.