Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GT. I will lock the doors with my remote. About 3-4 hours later I heard the horn honk 4-5 times REALLY fast. Like, I will be sitting in the couch in my house and all of a sudden my horn honks like 4-5 times really fast. Anybody know why? Thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a 2002 GT. I will lock the doors with my remote. About 3-4 hours later I heard the horn honk 4-5 times REALLY fast. Like, I will be sitting in the couch in my house and all of a sudden my horn honks like 4-5 times really fast. Anybody know why? Thanks!
Did you accidentally hit the panic button?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maybe it's your car telling you to come drive me ;) lol jk man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you accidentally hit the panic button?
Nope. My keys are laying on the kitchen table. It does it randomly. I googled it and managed to find somebody who had the same problem, but I wanted to see what anybody on here thought it might be. Here is what I found:

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t16957892-...secutive#bmb=1

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Hahahahaha lol! Could be lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have figured out that we thought it was the battery. The dealership where we bought my car used (in February 2013) the wrong voltage, off-brand battery. We replaced the battery with the correct voltage battery and we thought that would fix it. It turns out it's still doing it. We don't know why…

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
We have figured out that we thought it was the battery. The dealership where we bought my car used (in February 2013) the wrong voltage, off-brand battery. We replaced the battery with the correct voltage battery and we thought that would fix it. It turns out it's still doing it. We don't know why…
Maybe your car is a transformer

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
It's possessed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine did this before as well. It was because my keyless entry got wet. I dried it out and put it back together. No problems since then which was probably 8 months ago

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anybody else possibly know why it's doing this? Ever since I have changed the battery to the correct voltage, it has quit doing it as much, but still does it.
Anyone else have this experience?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Does it have an after market alarm?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does it have an after market alarm?
I doubt it. I bought it used in February of 2013 with 153,000 miles on it. The car was all stock except for the cold air intake on the motor. So unless someone that had it before me put one on it, I don't think it does tho.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Could try and get another horn from junkyard for cheap and see if that fixes it. Could be bad connection in horn. My dads old Volvo would honk if you stopped to hard. The contacts in the horn were so close they would touch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could try and get another horn from junkyard for cheap and see if that fixes it. Could be bad connection in horn. My dads old Volvo would honk if you stopped to hard. The contacts in the horn were so close they would touch.
Well, see mine does this random honking thing when it's turned off and the car is locked. It honks 5 times super fast at random. Usually about an hour to two hours after it's been sitting and turned off for awhile.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts