Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ever since it got really cold, i'm getting this horrible squeak that honestly makes my poor car sound like a 30 year old rustbucket whenever i hit any bump. i have no idea wtf it is, but it's just a super loud squeak that is definitely coming from the passengers side, and may or may not be coming from the rear. i can't tell if it's the rear or like under the side of it. either way, it's the worst sound ever. it's even worse than my horrible clutch squeak. why the hell do i have such a squeaky stang?!!? anyone ever have anything like this before? it's so damn loud it's embarrassing lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Front lower control arm, known issue and there is a tsb for the sqeak, could also be end links on sway bar

Sent from my LG-AS811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Front lower control arm, known issue and there is a tsb for the sqeak, could also be end links on sway bar

Sent from my LG-AS811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
^^^THIS^^^

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh god Jesus seriously?? I thought the lower control arm problem was a loud clunk!? I'm out of warranty now, too!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
One more vote for front LCA. Had mine replaced also.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
from what I'm reading about it, people say as it gets warmer it makes more noise. mine seems to make the noise when it's freezing cold only, and in the warmer days doesn't. I noticed a squeak last winter too on real cold days but it wasn't this loud. I always thought it was a body panel or something.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh the clunk. I assume this isn't covered under any warranty like drivetrain or anything? because I'm out of my 3 year and I'm sure Ford will rip me the f off just going there now...

thing is,I really think it's coming from the rear. when I hit bumps and stuff it seems once the back wheels hit I hear the squeak. idk. it's very weird.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
these are a simple DIY if you are so inclined. I used "Energy Suspension" brand replacement bushings...approx $20 for a set of them. remove sway bar a vice and block of wood to press the bushings in the links

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
these are a simple DIY if you are so inclined. I used "Energy Suspension" brand replacement bushings...approx $20 for a set of them. remove sway bar a vice and block of wood to press the bushings in the links
hmm interesting. sounds much harder than "simple" for a car noob like myself lol everyone says the squeak wouldn't happen when cold if it's the LCA, but only as it got hotter. mine does this squeak the second i start it up if its like below 35 degrees out, and i just start driving. can be frozen and make the noise. i really wonder what it is, because when i push down on the front fender and rock the car i don't hear it..when i push the trunk up and down to make the back move, i don't hear it, and when i stand up and down on the passengers doorsil i don't hear it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One more vote for front LCA. Had mine replaced also.

+1. Replaced under warranty
yeah but my 3 year warranty is up, so it'll cost me.

btw, the squeak went away the other day when it was 60 degrees out. didn't hear a thing. get right back into my car today when its like 25 this morning, and every bump is a horrendous squeak.

so, everyone saying LCA, but what I read about the LCA is that they make noise when the car warms up and it gets worse the hotter it gets...mine make it the colder it is...which is why I wonder if this is what it truly is.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
spray either the front lca's or the rear sway bar links with silicone spray....that may help you figure out which one is bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts